HOSS

So it begins upgrades to the 2014

While Terry and I spent mother's day weekend fishing the UPS guy was busy delivering goodies to my house.

I am going to start off with this truck with a clean slate.

The first thing I am doing is changing every fluid in the truck. It has 64,000 on it now and its due for a transmission fluid and filter change. Both fuel filters will be changed, transfer case and front and rear differential fluid and brake and power steering fluid as well.

I don't know what the maintenance has been like on this truck but if the air filter is any indication of everything else I making the right choice.

06f6d5f7595d208bc513a9963273af91.jpg

I am also installing airbags and pulling the backup camera system I just put in the 02 out to put in the new truck.

ec499caff52dc9a71155358d33755207.jpg

• Like 2

set the refresh date and move forward with your scheduled changes atta boy !! ... using synthetics ??? oil samples ??

going to cut the oil filter and have a look see ?

Edited by GTroyer

I will be curious as to the work involved in the trans service. Mine is covered by lots of warranty for three years, and I have heard they are a pain in the back side to service. But eventually I will have to do it. Keep us updated as you do things it will be cool to watch it become yours. Jason

Edited by ARam2NV

My truck only has 11k on it but Im ordering fuel, air and oil filters tomorrow.

Where did you get everything from?

I ordered the filters off Amazon

Joe the transmission filter service requires lifting the transmission to access the rear row of bolts to remove the pan. Its crazy the transmission cross member would only need to be slightly trimmed to allow access to these bolts. With a drain and refill every 30k and filter every 60K thats a lot of work.

While Terry and I spent mother's day weekend fishing the UPS guy was busy delivering goodies to my house.

I am going to start off with this truck with a clean slate.

The first thing I am doing is changing every fluid in the truck. It has 64,000 on it now and its due for a transmission fluid and filter change. Both fuel filters will be changed, transfer case and front and rear differential fluid and brake and power steering fluid as well.

I don't know what the maintenance has been like on this truck but if the air filter is any indication of everything else I making the right choice.

06f6d5f7595d208bc513a9963273af91.jpg

Just a bit overdue🤣

I ordered the filters off Amazon

Joe the transmission filter service requires lifting the transmission to access the rear row of bolts to remove the pan. Its crazy the transmission cross member would only need to be slightly trimmed to allow access to these bolts. With a brain and refill every 30k and filter every 60K thats a lot of work.

That sounds like a dumb design. Which engineer had his head up his ass while designing that one. I guess if it's a 60K think I'm not ordering that filter yet. Don't want to keep track of it for that long.

Multiple transmissions one crossmember makes for some issues. Some have had good luck with a wobbly 10mm 1/4 drive. I might give it a shot that way

those lil wobblies are a life saver sometimes , they are very thin walled also so care needs to be taken as to use / torque applied even if they are lifetime warrantied LOL

• Like 1

Just a bit overdue

I know! I think it's the dirtiest air filter I have ever seen

you must have forgotten about those 5" cone filters I gave you a long time ago [i didn't clean them before I gave them to you LOL

those lil wobblies are a life saver sometimes , they are very thin walled also so care needs to be taken as to use / torque applied even if they are lifetime warrantied LOL

Yes, yes they are.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Multiple transmissions one crossmember makes for some issues. Some have had good luck with a wobbly 10mm 1/4 drive. I might give it a shot that way

I like the idea of replacing the hex head bolts with Allen cap bolts so you can use the Allen wrench to insert and start them. From what I’m reading, that seems to be the biggest issue.

• Like 1

My snap on guy loves replacing my 10mm wobble socket.

Keeps a couple on the truck just in case. I have two in my box, because I break them often enough that once a week replacement isnt enough.

• Like 2

Fuel filters and airbags go on tonight!

The gaskets for the front and rear differentials arrived so as soon as I get the amsoil for them I will get after that.

Still waiting on the transmission filter and fluid

We have members who are dealers , and you can also sign up as a dealer giving you dealer prices a full sign up or 6 month sign up for not much $$ will save you more that the sign up price if I remember correctly

• Like 1

Changed the oil for the first time in my 18.

Wore half of it.

Its been a productive day.

Changed the oil for the first time in my 18.

Wore half of it.

Its been a productive day.

I've heard the filter is a pain in the neck.

figured I'd let the dealers speak up if they wanted to help out .. as they can drop ship to your door

figured I'd let the dealers speak up if they wanted to help out .. as they can drop ship to your door

Yep, makes perfect sense to me.

I figure if you want to try it and see how you like it, buy from a dealer. If youre going to change two cars oil in the next year, pay for the distributor package.

Having said that, if you need anything, Ill get it to your door no problem. Let me know. (Gary is the guy that caused me to buy into Amsoil)

• Like 1