GTroyer

Memorial day 5/28/2018

Memorial Day is fast approaching ... [ permanently last Monday of May ]

I know I'm early but ... I like to take a moment and Humbly say Thank You to all of our service men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice of Life to protect and defend this great Nation. I have no other words more respectful than Thank You .. may your loved ones be blessed in remembrance of you and your service.

I hope your cities have some type of remembrance also , great way to teach our Children and Grand Children the meaning of the Day of Respect, sadly our schools mostly don't teach what the day is about as well as Veterans day , guess they think if they don't bring it up it goes away or history will be re-written. NOT HERE

• Like 1

Amen Gary

Amen!!!

Howdy Gary,

Thank you for your post concerning Memorial Day. Sadly for most its just another paid day they don't have to work, I dare say in all honesty if you were to stop folks on the street and ask them what Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Veterans Day were actually honoring at least 50% of those under the age of 45 couldn't give you and factual answer and I believe this number would climb to 75% for those under the age of 25. History is no longer taught in our schools at least not in a form we would recognize or comprehend. :crying:

Dave

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more Gary! You can bet I will teach my daughter what the meaning of the holidays are! The schools may not like it when she attends already knowing what they are about but I don't care.

Had a proud dad moment tonight, honestly I write this with a tear in my eye.

We took the boys (7&10) to the rodeo in Coulee city after a 2nd long day of swimming and BBQ. They wanted snow cones so we sent them to the food booth with a few bucks. Doing this alone is a whole new adventure for them so we watched them pretty close from the bleachers.

The announcer gave a Memorial Day speech and recited the pledge of allegiance. I looked way over at the boys and they both put the brakes on, spun around, faced the flag, hands on hearts. When that was done they shuffled closer to the food booth but now the announcer started a prayer for the evening, again the boys stopped spun around side by side folded their hands and bowed their heads. After an amen they shuffled closer again but the lady started singing and once again they stopped and stood hands over hearts.

My wife and I couldnt have been prouder, if theyd have been standing with us Id have expected to have to tell them to quit screwing around yet they were so far away they had no idea we were watching.

• Like 3

Had a proud dad moment tonight, honestly I write this with a tear in my eye.

We took the boys (7&10) to the rodeo in Coulee city after a 2nd long day of swimming and BBQ. They wanted snow cones so we sent them to the food booth with a few bucks. Doing this alone is a whole new adventure for them so we watched them pretty close from the bleachers.

The announcer gave a Memorial Day speech and recited the pledge of allegiance. I looked way over at the boys and they both put the brakes on, spun around, faced the flag, hands on hearts. When that was done they shuffled closer to the food booth but now the announcer started a prayer for the evening, again the boys stopped spun around side by side folded their hands and bowed their heads. After an amen they shuffled closer again but the lady started singing and once again they stopped and stood hands over hearts.

My wife and I couldnt have been prouder, if theyd have been standing with us Id have expected to have to tell them to quit screwing around yet they were so far away they had no idea we were watching.

Ya done good!!!!!!! We need a LOT more parents like you and kids like that!!

• Like 1

great Job Dad n Mom , you instilled the meanings of country and patriotism and most of all respect !!!!!

• Like 1

Howdy Woodenhead,

You Sir, have every right to be proud of your kids, take a bit of pride in yourself too for being a real Dad.

Dave

• Like 1