Any suggestions, advice on where/how to get a new TIPM? Stealer says $1600 + 2 hours install and setup.

Has anyone had to do this? The change out looks easy enough.

Any particular junk yard that might have some Dodges? Any advice appreciated - Phil B

The dealer has you by the short ones on this. Even if you change it out, it has to be programmed by the dealer for your VIN. I haven’t found a way around it yet...

What is it doing?

You checked out tipm repair services??? Might be worth being without your pickup for a week or ten days.

By chance, whats it doing?

Very cool site Gary! Thanks for sharing...

What is it doing?

This is a VERY important question! As someone that just had TIPM issues preventing headlights from working, there are low-to-no cost alternatives out there. Repeat problems (burned out headlight for too many key cycles, Trailer lights shorting, etc.) will throw codes which shut down circuits without anything actually being wrong with the TIPM. A former service writer at a dealership mentioned that all that had to be done was the codes reset, not the entire TIPM replaced. Had that done and everything works again.

I bought a new TIPM from CARID. Just happened to be the best price at the time. They are plug and play now. Just turn the key on once or twice and everything works. Did one in my 2007. Cant remember exactly how much but it was less than $400. Install was easy. Literally, unplug and plug in the new. Supposedly they are upgraded a bit when they are rebuilt, but not enough that you dont need to be careful with them.

Hi Guys ! Thanks for the replies. My problem, and only problem is no AC. Went to the local shop and they did all the Freon, etc. Said no signal from the ECM (TIPM). Stealer did their thing and said TIPM.

Gary - I read - Thanks for the links - Mine is a 2006 so would seem to be before the rash of 2007 Jeeps, etc.

Guess I'll check on the used TIPMs.

Any more thoughts with the fact that I'm only having problems with the AC?

try the battery disconnect first IF you haven't

try the battery disconnect first IF you haven't

Thanks Gary - I shall. Figured to pull it out and spray clean the connections, etc. Nothing to lose anyway - Thanks all!