HOSS

Another long weekend

I was told they run really hot exhaust stock due to burning the particulate out of exhaust aka regeneration and tuning them cools exhaust down

If one didn't notice the rise in EGT's, the insight has a little red light to tell you it is in Regen. EGT's definitely climb when in Regen. Otherwise, it doesn't seem to run excessively warm. When working hard towing heavy up a steep grade, is when you need to watch the temps, whether in Regen or not. Edited by donyo

Your 02 needs more love then the newbie in your yard. Think back to all of the great runs and help you've rendered to others because of Babe.

Absolutely! The way I meant that was I don't love having to do another heart transplant on my truck.

Believe me I have a very deep attachment to that truck. That's why I posted the RIP thread.

I have covered a lot of country from horse camps to race tracks in that truck.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to do with her because if I sell her with a new engine and see the new owner trash her it would kill me.

Absolutely! The way I meant that was I don't love having to do another heart transplant on my truck.

Believe me I have a very deep attachment to that truck. That's why I posted the RIP thread.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to do with her because if I sell her with a new engine and see the new owner trash her it would kill me.

Pull truck!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Sentimentalist's Camp. It's comfortable here. Remember, when asked why you're hanging on to something, when even the value is questionable..your answer is BECAUSE. If they don't understand that response, they'll never understand.

• Like 2

I still have my 1979 KZ1000MK2..............someday it will run again.....

The good'ol sentimental "because". That's exactly why I have 3 cars in my garage right now that don't run....

The good'ol sentimental "because". That's exactly why I have 3 cars in my garage right now that don't run....

Right, I have the exact same amount that don't run, because.... Sentimental.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Of all the vehicles I've owned and sold, the only one I want back is my '66 Chevelle El Camino SS 396. The rest served their purpose and moved on to help someone else fill their need.

Serious thread jack. Sorry, now back to your regular program.

Edited by donyo

Sometimes, a guy or gal needs reassurance that they're not the only ones who've kept something or acquired something that has become near and dear to their "being". If it's a character flaw, it's in good company with all the other flaws I've managed to acquire in the 74 years of tromping around this mudball.

• Like 2

probably the only one you remember you old fart :)

• Like 1

My first car a 1973 cougar xr7 351c was in my shop till last month when I needed room for a tractor overhaul. I owned it since 1983 has not run since 2005.

351c :drooling smiley:

never really understood why they made the engines in Windsor different than at the Cleveland plant. I'm sure they had a reason though...

Edited by carl20320

probably the only one you remember you old fart :)

Hey, youngster, I was being polite not dragging you in, BUT.....well, if it weren't for OLD PHARTS like you and me, these kids wouldn't know how to act.....well, except for a couple of them.

Hey, youngster, I was being polite not dragging you in, BUT.....well, if it weren't for OLD PHARTS like you and me, these kids wouldn't know how to act.....well, except for a couple of them.

I resemble that remark!!!
  • Like 1

Hellll I have socks older than you Hoss lol

• Like 2

I was referring to myself as one of the "kids" who wouldn't know how to act.

• Like 1

I'm glad you said socks.... and not "church" underwear.

Actually, Mark, I was referring to you as "well, except for a couple of them". The other one use to live somewhere around Marysville, then moved south, ya know, down far, far away from the corruption of EveSeaTac politics. You two have old school, OG values.

Actually, Mark, I was referring to you as "well, except for a couple of them". The other one use to live somewhere around Marysville, then moved south, ya know, down far, far away from the corruption of EveSeaTac politics. You two have old school, OG values.

Thanks Dave!