• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DieselBound

DieselBound
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Life.

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

The struts are Sachs sport. I've installed many sets with no issues.

While I don't like being overly paranoid about everything, there ARE such things as manufacturing defects/issues.  Even the best manufacturers can spit out something that flies under the QA process/radar.  Every manufacturer has their statistical curves.  Assuming that one doesn't have a defective new part can lead to a lot of tail-chasing in cases where they have in fact gotten a hold of a defective new part.  I have had ONE bad shock out of twelve that I recently installed (a Koni Red; rear shock [this one didn't self-correct] in which case the pain wasn't too bad).  Anyway...

You should be able to isolate to one side or the other when up on a lift.  Would hate to hear that you had to pull everything apart on both sides.

Perhaps take some quick resting measurements to see if one side is sitting differently than the other.  I'd read where someone installed struts assemblies and found that they didn't match! (chased around a problem for some time- they didn't have ready access to tools, a relative did the work and there was a lot of finger pointing).  I seem to recall that the anomaly was apparent in measurements.

#22 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 14,365 posts
  • Interests:Money makes the world go around, but it can't buy you happiness. I could use a little happiness.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Well I put in a new set of poly strut mounts and the clunking appears to be gone. Time will tell if it really was the issue.

#23 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 14,365 posts
  • Interests:Money makes the world go around, but it can't buy you happiness. I could use a little happiness.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:25 AM

Another day with no clunks or other strange noises...but I did pop and EVAP code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users