Darkside's Callin'

dumb question... head interchange

is the head on a 93 12 Valve and a 97 12 valve the same?

Have a chance to pick up a spare head off a fairly low mile wrecked truck for $100.

i just googled new 12v head.. the companys that sell them say they fit 88-98....but they are aftermarket..

I think the earlier non intercooled trucks had different injector bores but the later ones are the same. Im about 98.6% sure here.

93 is a VE pumped engine and the 97 is a P pump. The heads are totally different. The injectors are different size you do not want a 93 head for a 97 engine

93 is a VE pumped engine and the 97 is a P pump. The heads are totally different. The injectors are different size you do not want a 93 head for a 97 engine

i think he wants a spare head for his 93, so you are good to go! but ya do not want a 9mm injector hole head from a early cummins, as Hoss was saying

yes, was thinking spare head for the '93.. so the 97 head will or won't fit.. confused now.

I know the 89-91 non-intercooled heads had a different injector bore, wasn't sure about the 94 adn up P-pump injectors..

fuel filter attachment and cut out for the overflow valve is the only difference between the intercooled first gen and the 12v.

But its been a while.

• Like 1

Non-intercooled heads have the 9mm injector nozzles and the intercooled heads have 7mm injector nozzles.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin The DieselTech