Need some new deep cycle batteries

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fishin2Deep4U

Fishin2Deep4U

The PUPPET MASTER

• Vendors
  • 9,118 posts
  • Interests:You mean there's anything other than hunting an fishing? Surely you jest!

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

Well it's time to put some new batts in the bay boat. The two in there have lost the will to live.

I have 2 group 27 batteries in place now. I plan to add a third. I want to use the deep circle in a bank to maximize amp hours for house loads and I willadd a third dedicated starting battery.

So, I am looking for the most cost effective way to get at least 200 amp hours. This bank will run everything other than starting.

I plan to add a helm autopilot, so I need the reserve. This will allows have an ACR install so that the starting battery gets topped first, then the house.

My battery box is approximately 40" wide.

So what batteries have you had good luck with? And yes, I will probably stay with lead acid unless the performance difference is just too great to ignore.

Dave

#2 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 14,310 posts
  • Interests:Money makes the world go around, but it can't buy you happiness. I could use a little happiness.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:22 AM

A good lead acid with a auto fill system is not a bad way to go. On the other hand, boats get the living crap beat out of them and a sealed matt battery has the set it and forget kind of thing going for it.

I also need to replace the battery on my RV but with the genset for when the power goes out I only need it to last 8hrs at a time.

https://www.amazon.c...p cycle battery

Edited by livingez_123, 16 April 2018 - 01:27 AM.

#3 HOSS

HOSS

I miss you Rob

• Administrators
  • 24,816 posts
  • Interests:My wife, fishing and hunting.
    Wrenching on my truck
    fishing
    BBQ building,smoking,welding
    fishing
    fishing
    fishing

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:58 AM

I have had great success with the Cabelas AGM batteries. 

https://www.cabelas....wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#4 stroketeck

stroketeck
  • Members
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:16 AM

i use agm's as well

#5 Fishin2Deep4U

Fishin2Deep4U

The PUPPET MASTER

• Vendors
  • 9,118 posts
  • Interests:You mean there's anything other than hunting an fishing? Surely you jest!

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

Unfortunately, the performance difference is just not there to justify AGMs. If I were mounting them up front, I would definitely be more inclined to use them. If I could get the Sears Platinum series still, I would go that route. The East Penn built Group 27s at Sam's Club don't have the Amp Hours. I still think my best bet is lead acid batteries. I can get 100AH Group 27 batteries at Costco or even Wal-Mart. They are in the same case. 

I could even drop in a 8D and get over 240AH. But it will be spendy.

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users