This is our 2nd of 10 shafts loaded and ready to go about 25 miles to the rail yard where it’ll get lifted onto a rail car. Then it’ll get shipped back east for inspections and refurbishment. The shaft is right about 220,000lbs with the shipping fixture.

I know the dude doing this haul, all Mack trucks, he’ll have a push truck to get it up the hill on I90.

Tomorrow I’ll see if I can get a picture of it hanging from the mobile that will off load it to the car.

8769345da936eb3397b89fcb76c7f4c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dang. That's a nice load.

you can rest assured all the turbo's on both rigs will be cherry red after that pull of the hill

heaviest load I have ever pulled was 105,000 ++ [don't really know as that is where the scale i was on went tilt] and when I dumped the clutch it was like I was cemented in place when I changed gears the rig hit a wall immediately and felt like it stopped in that short distance to change gears like I hit a wall .. real eye opener , that was with a 350 HP cummins powered rig .. I almost got fired over that one as I shut down the scale house of a refinery for hours until the Fairbanks Morse repairman got the scale working again.

you can rest assured all the turbo's on both rigs will be cherry red after that pull of the hill

heaviest load I have ever pulled was 105,000 ++ [don't really know as that is where the scale i was on went tilt] and when I dumped the clutch it was like I was cemented in place when I changed gears the rig hit a wall immediately and felt like it stopped in that short distance to change gears like I hit a wall .. real eye opener , that was with a 350 HP cummins powered rig .. I almost got fired over that one as I shut down the scale house of a refinery for hours until the Fairbanks Morse repairman got the scale working again.

Engines have come a long ways since then.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin The DieselTech

Nice load. My heaviest to date was 153000 with double belly dumps was legal for 128900 just little overloaded.

Nice load. My heaviest to date was 153000 with double belly dumps was legal for 128900 just little overloaded.

was that on 5 axles 18 wheeler ??

overload axles on tractor and trailer?

Was talking to the owner this morning, he said the truck and trailer unloaded is around 105,000lbs. Add the shaft and shipping cradle and it’s somewhere around 325,000lbs.

a1b7769a225af56156b3f2dee0610a35.jpg

365T Liebherr Crane. No rail car yet so it’ll wait in the gravel.

0212f036090b2c7d0a31ae8c866822c7.jpg

874cc6f54c286a22a98bd7d698a37316.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Heaviest I've towed with a Cummins is 525,000lbs. Yes it's an aircraft and a Cummins powered tug, not my truck. :right:

• Like 1

Nice thread , Mike. Those liebherr cranes are so nice. The school has a 120 ton, it was sweet. You preselect the configuration you want, ant uses a single cylinder and pin system to set up the boom. The cylinder takes a section out, pins it, strokes back in to get the next. Incredibly smooth to operate.

• Like 1

overload axles on tractor and trailer?

Yes was 10 axles. Would have been huge ticket I left that company first chance I could dont like unsafe practices.

Heaviest I've towed with a Cummins is 525,000lbs. Yes it's an aircraft and a Cummins powered tug, not my truck. :right:

Its amazing that something like that can even get off the ground. Ive seen the big Antinov at an airport in Bucharest once and several of the smaller ones at other airports, those are pretty amazing pieces of equipment too.

I love heavy haul stuff. If I were to ever start a career over I think it would have to be in rigging and trucking heavy crap. Not sure why, just looks cool.

Its amazing that something like that can even get off the ground. Ive seen the big Antinov at an airport in Bucharest once and several of the smaller ones at other airports, those are pretty amazing pieces of equipment too.

Flew into Orlando on Monday and one of the Antonov 225 was there. Saw one much closer in Houston years ago. Massive aircraft!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Flew into Orlando on Monday and one of the Antonov 225 was there. Saw one much closer in Houston years ago. Massive aircraft!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We have had the Antonov fly into Boeing many times delivering parts when supplers could not get parts here on time or when a damaged part needs replacement pronto. We are talking 747 skin panels and such. Not a cheap way to get parts delivered. They said it costs $250,000 to get that plane started! I watched come in and land once and it's impressive to say the least.

We have had the Antonov fly into Boeing many times delivering parts when supplers could not get parts here on time or when a damaged part needs replacement pronto. We are talking 747 skin panels and such. Not a cheap way to get parts delivered. They said it costs $250,000 to get that plane started! I watched come in and land once and it's impressive to say the least.

Yes, I remember working out on the Everett flight line in 1992 or 93 and watching the Antonov 225 come in and land at Paine field for the air show.. Later, I went over to the static display and walked through the cargo deck, the day before the air show started. They had the nose and tail open.... I was struck by how huge... and how utterly filthy it was. Skydrol everywhere. oily rags tied around hydraulic lines. The cargo deck looked like the boiler room of a coal fired tramp steamer... I don't know if they cleaned it up before the show. I just knew that I wouldn't want to fly in it!

We get the Antonov 124's here occasionally to deliver airplane parts. They used them a lot before the dream lifters became operational. They are pretty big too, but nothing like the AN-225...

Yeah. I've been in a handful of different Russian acft and it always blows my mind at the difference in standards. Or actual lack of standards I should say.

Yes, I remember working out on the Everett flight line in 1992 or 93 and watching the Antonov 225 come in and land at Paine field for the air show.. Later, I went over to the static display and walked through the cargo deck, the day before the air show started. They had the nose and tail open.... I was struck by how huge... and how utterly filthy it was. Skydrol everywhere. oily rags tied around hydraulic lines. The cargo deck looked like the boiler room of a coal fired tramp steamer... I don't know if they cleaned it up before the show. I just knew that I wouldn't want to fly in it!

We get the Antonov 124's here occasionally to deliver airplane parts. They used them a lot before the dream lifters became operational. They are pretty big too, but nothing like the AN-225...

That would scare me to say the least and I am not a fan of flying in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk