• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 DieselBound

DieselBound
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Life.

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

Austin, is the factory seal a single lipped one and, perhaps, a replacement is double-lipped? (My research on vacuum pump seals turns up a story such as this.)

DO said that the T-case fluid level was down about 1/2, in which case this would have to be a pretty significant leak.  Records (see my above links) show that the shop mentioned that (with 157k on the clock) the two front U-joints needed to be replaced.  Could any of this be indicative of a more extensive issue with the T-case?  Am I barking up the wrong trees here? (never spent any time working on 4wd drivetrain bits)

#42 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Heres a good kit for the vacuum pump. I bought the one with the replacement vanes but it wasnt really necessary to replace them. Lot of good parts on this website, you can trust that theyll be quality.

http://www.fostertru...female-428.html

#43 Austin The DieselTech

Austin The DieselTech
  • Members
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:04 AM

Austin, is the factory seal a single lipped one and, perhaps, a replacement is double-lipped? (My research on vacuum pump seals turns up a story such as this.)

DO said that the T-case fluid level was down about 1/2, in which case this would have to be a pretty significant leak.  Records (see my above links) show that the shop mentioned that (with 157k on the clock) the two front U-joints needed to be replaced.  Could any of this be indicative of a more extensive issue with the T-case?  Am I barking up the wrong trees here? (never spent any time working on 4wd drivetrain bits)

I am not sure but it is possible.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

#44 DRobinson

DRobinson
  • Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Heres a good kit for the vacuum pump. I bought the one with the replacement vanes but it wasnt really necessary to replace them. Lot of good parts on this website, you can trust that theyll be quality.

http://www.fostertru...female-428.html

That is cool, I didn't know he was in WA. He also has a amazon page in case anyone is interested in ordering from him via Amazon. I just ordered this kit from his Amazon page myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users