HOSS

Holy great mileage Batman!!!

I made a run to Nampa on Friday and came home on Sunday in the truck and my average for the whole trip (did better coming home) was 20.5 mpg!

I had the canopy on and about 750lbs of flooring on a pallet in back. I figured the weight in back would be a added bonus if the roads got bad but the passes we're great both ways it was a beautiful drive! I don't think I ever recorded over 14 mpg in my truck but I rarely checked my mileage until recently.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

wow that is very good , better recheck LOL

my rig is usually about 15-16 MPG rarely better

I checked it on fuelly app hand calculated.

I think this engine is finally getting broken in.

The only change I have made was going back to a 285 tire and I run the comp box on level 2 and did not go above 75 mph even in the 80mph Idaho area unless a semi was going to run me over. My average speed was about 72mph

I refueled in Ontario on the way there(I had just under 1/2 tank but the price was good) I had 19.2 mpg on that tank and then 20.9 on the way home. I drove slower on the way home than on the way there.

Both ways I had very light traffic and no snow at all. A little slushy on top of 90 on the way over and dry all the way home.

• Like 1

You probably didnt account for the natural gas you were emitting.

Thats always good for 2-3 mpg

Tru dat!!!

good job!

I think that Colt cam you put in for me and the injectors Lenny built played a big part in it as well.

I can't help but think it would be even better if I had something other than that HX40 under the hood.

Are they computer controlled Dave or manual by pressures ?

That's real good for those speeds. I hand calculate every tank and I can get 20mpg at 60mph but at 70-75mph I'm down to 15-16mpg.

Those are great numbers. You could be right about the HX40 Hoss but I'm not sure. Digging back into my failing memory I seem to recall the best mileage my first 01 would get was when I had a PDR HX40 on it.

Those are great numbers. You could be right about the HX40 Hoss but I'm not sure. Digging back into my failing memory I seem to recall the best mileage my first 01 would get was when I had a PDR HX40 on it.

That's what I have is a PDR40 it is a laggy pig but with my 6 speed it's not unbearable. If it was an auto it would horrible. The new turbos out now spool so much better.

That's what I have is a PDR40 it is a laggy pig but with my 6 speed it's not unbearable. If it was an auto it would horrible. The new turbos out now spool so much better.

Mine was an auto with a tight converter, 3.54s, and 35s. It was horribly laggy! Driving at elevation was a joke, needed a co pilot to watch the road so I could watch the pyro! I'm with you on the new turbo's, but do you think they would help Mpgs?

Nampa? You should have let me know, I have a brother who lives there, I would have gone with you. :P

Mine was an auto with a tight converter, 3.54s, and 35s. It was horribly laggy! Driving at elevation was a joke, needed a co pilot to watch the road so I could watch the pyro! I'm with you on the new turbo's, but do you think they would help Mpgs?

LOL you should have seen the Red Rocket in Denver driving on the freeway! :alarm::alarm::alarm: There was not enough nitrous in the entire state to clean that up. I could make the entire freeway blackout.