Came out and popped the hood and to my suprise, the rain last week and the sun from the last couple days caused the truck to sprout these.42627874309e6a60df2cf7be690e3974.jpg9df381242c5c7a8f022e5c669376c749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin The DieselTech
  • Like 2

Jus a little sun?? That’s amazing!

Did your wife buy that story? Now that would really be amazing :)

• Like 1

I washed mine for the first time in a very long time. Things were starting to sprout on it also.... but not under the hood. LOL!

Have a couple days off from work. Gonna go wash mine and see what pops up. B) Doubt it will be anything as cool as yours.

Such a pretty bloom... :)

I like that bracket off the head for the big turbo!

funny how the sun grows things , even aluminum things too

Well consider yourself lucky! I put mine out in the sun Saturday, watered it with a pressure washer. Came out yesterday afternoon to check on it and the rear axle, rear driveshaft, steps, mud flaps, and the front tires all fell off.... :lol:

• Like 1

Hoping some stuff falls off mine when I get back to WA😎🌵🌵😎

Stuff doesn't sprout here in Arizona. Too dry. 🌵🌵🌵

Lol. Nice!

Well ran into an issue......I can not get the front oil drain bung out of the block to installed the new one. I have tried vice grips and such with no luck expect to break the nipple off. So, now the oil pan has to come off so I can drive it out.

Got the bung out today and glad I pulled the pan. Someone (not me) replaced the pan gasket and just used grey silicone for a gasket and there was some stray silicone in the pickup tube screen.f0908bba1bdc50cdf177f0e5fdc37389.jpga1de0511c54db6d837fa41355490eeb3.jpgcc2bb3d54ce825cfa806604fe9bbaf15.jpg60dcc90b46c6f43cde96702f4e589241.jpg

Edited by Austin The DieselTech

That stray silicone is bad stuff. If any of it finds it's why into a piston cooling nozzle it's game over!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That stray silicone is bad stuff. If any of it finds it's why into a piston cooling nozzle it's game over!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yea luckily it would hit the filter first but still. Here is where I left off for the day. Had a heck of a time trying to figure out how the intake pipe fits but I may have figured it out.2cb42c55acac5f96f2c89abe1f79adf7.jpgb6f8102118c0782bc28e627ce8e1931d.jpg

You're planting seeds in my head that don't need to be there.🙃🤣😎

• Like 1

It looks like that top bend is tight enough you might still have room for a on board air compressor!

• Like 1

It looks like that top bend is tight enough you might still have room for a on board air compressor!

Yea they used 3" for the charge air pipe on this piping kit.

Wed we like wed looks pretty. Nice work. I did a 12v last summer was left half torn down for couple years they lost all the bolts to oil pan timing cover fan hub was fun spending time locating and junk yards the guy loves my work glad to have it running