I have been driving the Beetle I bought from Phillip for a week and I love it! Heated seats are awesome when it is 15* out in the morning and I had to put fuel in it today and I was pleasently suprised that on winter blend fuel that it netted 36.6 MPG. My 1990 Honda prelude that I was driving was only getting 27-28 MPG.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

my ram get 12-15 MPG , I am jealous, mine was better with M2.4 about 15 mpg with 35 inch tires. the Mach-4 cut the mileage. but I may have weak cylinder too. bad injector on the M2.4

Edited by Packards42

I knew you would like it, I enjoyed working on it.

I would pull the valve cover and check out the cam and lifters for abnormal wear.

I ordered the 20K oil change kit from Cascade German today. I know Phillip told when the oil was last changed but I figured I would get the experience of changing it myself so I know what to expect.

I drive up on some wood, I have some long taper cuts from a job. Once I get up to a 6x6 size it is easy to drain,.etc.

I use Rihno ramps. Makes changing the oil a breeze, besides I can't get my floor jack under the front of the Beetle!

My forearm wont fit under them things!

I picked mine up with my lift. Any sort of ramp will work though.

I use Rihno ramps. Makes changing the oil a breeze, besides I can't get my floor jack under the front of the Beetle!

Same here, use them for the truck too. I think youre the one that told me about them and theyre awesome.

I've been using an oil extractor for years now. No need to lift the car. Oil changes are pretty quick, and clean. Periodically, however, one needs to get under and have a peak at things.

And... my car's due for it's oil change! This one will be a much better event than with the wife's car: her oil cooler was leaking (after new seals 60k miles ago) so I decided to install a new cooler in addition to new o-rings; messy when you're dealing with both oil and coolant!

My forearm wont fit under them things!

I picked mine up and put it on with my lift. Any sort of ramp will work though.

There I fixed it for you!

There I fixed it for you!

Not lately. Stupid stuff caught up with me. L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4, L5-S1 have reduced disc spacing

They want physical therapy..... Ive been 20 visits deep to a chiropractor and finally seeing a little relief. Fired my family doctor (I dont believe in chronic pain management, aka fill ya full of narcotics). Time will tell where this goes.

Edited by marksmith
  • Like 1

Not lately. Stupid stuff caught up with me. L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4, L5-S1 have reduced disc spacing

They want physical therapy..... Ive been 20 visits deep to a chiropractor and finally seeing a little relief. Fired my family doctor (I dont believe in chronic pain management, aka fill ya full of narcotics). Time will tell where this goes.

Oh you mean you dont want to be a poll poper like the rest of the country.

Yeah. I think the have their place..... relief until the root of the issue is fixed is appropriate. But when she talks about physical therapy for 4-6 months, then if that dont work putting me on pain management plan.... without anything but a single X-ray to go off of.... I told her that her idea of medical care and mine arent going to mix. She got pissy and I literally looked at her and said You probably dont ever have someone say this to you very often, so Ill speak slowly. You are fired. I will seek competent medical advice elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yeah. I think the have their place..... relief until the root of the issue is fixed is appropriate. But when she talks about physical therapy for 4-6 months, then if that dont work putting me on pain management plan.... without anything but a single X-ray to go off of.... I told her that her idea of medical care and mine arent going to mix. She got pissy and I literally looked at her and said You probably dont ever have someone say this to you very often, so Ill speak slowly. You are fired. I will seek competent medical advice elsewhere.

really nice you have that option, up here there just are not enough doctors for the population, but i really agree with you on pain meds

Hows that go .... something like I told ........ na I wont finish that cause I know how it hurts

Sorry buddy your to young to go through life backing around a bad back or at the least one out of commission

Hows that go .... something like I told ........ na I wont finish that cause I know how it hurts

Sorry buddy your to young to go through life backing around a bad back or at the least one out of commission

Been holding my cards close to my chest because I knew wise asses like yourself would have something to say........

I’ll get it fixed up. Hopefully be making bad decisions within the year.