mr. cob

Where would I sell a commercial 5th wheel hitch?

Howdy All,

I have no need for the sliding commercial 5th wheel hitch on my Peterbilt, does anyone have any suggestions on how to sell it? Thanks for any advise you can give. I have no idea what brand this hitch is all I know it was in use when I bought the truck a couple of months ago.

IMG_2697-L.jpg

IMG_2698-L.jpg

IMG_2699-L.jpg

IMG_2700-L.jpg

Dave

Edited by mr. cob

Fontaine low pro?

Holland?

Howdy thumper,

I have no idea, I edited my first post to add photos of the hitch.

Dave

Hard to tell from here but I will guess that is a high profile.

Probably a Holland.

See if you can get 200 bucks for it -Craigslist.

Take anything you might get, esp if they will unbolt it.

Hard to tell from here but I will guess that is a high profile.

Probably a Holland.

See if you can get 200 bucks for it -Craigslist.

Take anything you might get, esp if they will unbolt it.

Howdy thumper,

I know nothing about commercial hitches but this seems to be quite low, I had all but two bolts removed when I had the frame extended and the RV hitch installed so getting it off will be easy, just HEAVY. I only left it on the truck so I would have a bit of weight over the drive axles when I drove the truck home from Wisconsin a month ago, many miles of snow and ice covered roads with no load made for a butt puckering drive.

Dave

Google a pic of a Fontaine and compare.

Plus under the grease somewhere it will say what brand it is.

IMO Fountain is better , but either will be a hard sell as a truck has a 5th wheel usually.

Google a pic of a Fontaine and compare.

Plus under the grease somewhere it will say what brand it is.

IMO Fountain is better , but either will be a hard sell as a truck has a 5th wheel usually.

I figured it would be hard to sell, I don't need, just want it gone but it should be worth something like all things these do wear out over time.

My advice is steam clean it off, put a cover on it, and leave it on the truck.

Ya never know when it might be handy.

My advice is steam clean it off, put a cover on it, and leave it on the truck.

Ya never know when it might be handy.

I am building a deck behind the sleeper to carry my Smart Car, this hitch has to go I have no use for it now or in the future, I just need it gone.

Speaking of trucks

Ii am SERIOUSLY looking for a 4x4 Freightliner, or International single axle, extended cab

M2, or 7300, or ?

serious.

in fact very serious.

I am not too concerned if it is just cab and chassis or what it may have bolted to it.

or find a truck wrecking yard and give it to them .... not a lot of truck wrecking yards around though

Howdy All,

Thanks for your suggestions, I just put an ad up on craigslist under heavy equipment.

Dave

I tried selling mine off my Volvo and even made a few phone calls to truck repair places to see if they wanted it and nobody wanted it so I just gave it away for scrap metal I know it was a shame

I tried selling mine off my Volvo and even made a few phone calls to truck repair places to see if they wanted it and nobody wanted it so I just gave it away for scrap metal I know it was a shame

If I end up giving it away, I'll take a cutting torch to it first and make darn sure its scrap, also make it easier to take off the truck and carry.

Howdy thumper,

I know nothing about commercial hitches but this seems to be quite low, I had all but two bolts removed when I had the frame extended and the RV hitch installed so getting it off will be easy, just HEAVY. I only left it on the truck so I would have a bit of weight over the drive axles when I drove the truck home from Wisconsin a month ago, many miles of snow and ice covered roads with no load made for a butt puckering drive.

Dave

I drove my single axle home from Kansas City empty of course and lot of snow and slippery roads that was a fun trip home!