So, in the middle of dropping the lift off the 02, we found the donor arms from the 98 will not work due to the bolt hole dimension in the bushings. I have heard you can press different bushings into the arms but I am thinking of going the aftermarket route. I am looking for recommendations. Ben has told me to build my own which I would love to do but have no access to a tubing notcher or dimesnsions need for a 2" leveling kit. Paul recommended Carli which comes at a premium but they look top notch.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I wonder what all the differences are between 2nd gen and 3rd/ early 4th gen arms. I've heard it's just the upper bar is .5 inch longer on newer trucks. If that was the case you could use the pure performance adjustables if your going with a 2 inch level. They should adjust back enough. I have them on my 12 and they have been great. Very good quality, especially for the price. I got mine from 8 lug, great guys. I'm sure they could answer that question too.

• Like 1

Check out trex-tech.com he would have what you need give him a call

I think I have a set of steel bushings for the later control arms, you can have them if they'll work for you. I bought a poly bushings from Energy for my '96 and it came with the bigger steel bushings, I had some made to fit my bolts. Or couldn't you could just buy a new poly bushing kit and use that with the '98 arms?

Edited by Woodenhead

I think I have a set of steel bushings for the later control arms, you can have them if they'll work for you. I bought a poly bushings from Energy for my '96 and it came with the bigger steel bushings, I had some made to fit my bolts. Or couldn't you could just buy a new poly bushing kit and use that with the '98 arms?

I could get different bushings but since I am using installing a leveling kit, I would like to get a little longer arms to push the axle back forward.

Mike is taking a look at Outfitters but he is not sure if they have the later 2nd Gen version. I will let you know if he does.

• Like 1

Check out trex-tech.com he would have what you need give him a call

I reached out to him and the price on his site differs from what he told me due to a price update for 2018.

NICE! Can't wait to see them on. Whats your plan for wheels/tires and shocks?

Wheels and tires are gonna be factory 4thgen wheels with 315's that I took off the 2012. Shocks I am not sure yet. I will be installing shock tower eliminators so I can run a factory length shock with the 2" level spacers.

got a link for the tower eliminator Austin

You could build one just used 1/4 plate trace the tower bolt pattern then drill center for shock hole easy and cheap

• Like 1

thanks ... but don't need one , but never heard of one for the dodges , just wanted to look at it and see what's out there

Here is a set but it would be cheaper and easier to fab your own.

https://www.alligatorperformance.com/fleece-fpe-lpsm-low-profile-shock-mounts-1994-2013-dodge-2500-and-3500?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_bDWldeW2QIVVTyBCh0YiwX-EAQYAyABEgL0E_D_BwE

Thanks

I too would make my own if I was adding these

That is a real profitable item for them if they sold many of them !!!

I was looking at those a few days ago. Someone posted a cad drawing somewhere that you could print and trace also. Getting rid of those protruding towers will be nice for room under the hood too. Especially for compounds.

• Like 1

I was looking at those a few days ago. Someone posted a cad drawing somewhere that you could print and trace also. Getting rid of those protruding towers will be nice for room under the hood too. Especially for compounds.

Especially since other items are showing up Monday...............

• Like 1

Especially since other items are showing up Monday...............

Well if your gonna do that to us you better at least post up some pics again when the brown truck arrives! :ph34r::lol: