DRobinson

New to me 2nd gen project

In the spirit of re use I grabbed one of the old injector cross over tubes I had, chopped it off, tapped it, and screwed it on to a stud on the front cover for my timing pointer.

It's got a fairly large gap from the balancer but at the angle I'll be looking at it that should be okay. 4256734fb1ab16cec0d71a5dfb35eaa8.jpgd7b705648ee21a1f5182f2bc90541f3a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like I have a new issue. I was trying to pin time the pump and found what appears to be the metal timing tab in the pump broke off. In the pic hopefully you can see the part of the arm that is supposed to have the male pin on it.

Not exactly sure what the best option is to remedy this. cd0db8a0a60eed99539a0a40c2af51ad.jpg

Looks like I have a new issue. I was trying to pin time the pump and found what appears to be the metal timing tab in the pump broke off. In the pic hopefully you can see the part of the arm that is supposed to have the male pin on it.

Not exactly sure what the best option is to remedy this. cd0db8a0a60eed99539a0a40c2af51ad.jpg

You can still time the pump, you will just have to use the dial indicator to measure plunger lift. Otherwise, the governor has to disassembled and replace that piece.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Should I worry about the tab possibly floating around in there? I was told this pump came off of a rolled truck that was operational before the wreck.

Should I worry about the tab possibly floating around in there? I was told this pump came off of a rolled truck that was operational before the wreck.
You could pulled the plug out of the governor house and fish around with a small magnet to see if you can find it.

14 minutes ago, Austin The DieselTech said:

You could pulled the plug out of the governor house and fish around with a small magnet to see if you can find it.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

So far I've fished this out with the magnet. I don't believe this is the timing pin though. I thought it looked more like the tip of a regular screw driver. 166d4df94d65cc7c9229694069b536e2.jpg

6 hours ago, DRobinson said:

So far I've fished this out with the magnet. I don't believe this is the timing pin though. I thought it looked more like the tip of a regular screw driver. 166d4df94d65cc7c9229694069b536e2.jpg

It sure looks like a round pin to me from the picture 

May be worth the peace of mind to have the governor inspected by H&H just to make sure something is not coming apart. I know when they benched my pump, they replaced some common wear items in the governor.

Dan, I would have it checked out. If you don’t it could be much more expensive. Sorry bro, but you could have more damaged that isn’t floating around. Hanging the rack is not fun.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I will be pulling it off and having it checked out. Probably by H&H. I completely agree its not something to gamble on.

Hoss your correct, it is a pin that I found. Problem is its not the pin I was looking for, the one I was looking for should look like the tip of a flat blade screw driver. Also looking inside the pump from the governor spring access port it looks as if the pin was bouncing around in there and may have bent the arm that has the flat blade timing pin on it. As well as beating up parts of the governor assembly.

I'll report back what H&H finds. Hopefully I can get it to them before I leave for vacation this Friday.

May as well have them turn the barrels and balance them while your there.

Thanks guys. I will be pulling it off and having it checked out. Probably by H&H. I completely agree its not something to gamble on.

Hoss your correct, it is a pin that I found. Problem is its not the pin I was looking for, the one I was looking for should look like the tip of a flat blade screw driver. Also looking inside the pump from the governor spring access port it looks as if the pin was bouncing around in there and may have bent the arm that has the flat blade timing pin on it. As well as beating up parts of the governor assembly.

I'll report back what H&H finds. Hopefully I can get it to them before I leave for vacation this Friday.

2 minutes ago, Austin The DieselTech said:

May as well have them turn the barrels and balance them while your there.

Will do, anything else I should have done while they have it? I'm all ears.

Haven't done anything with delivery valves. Ben put 4k governor springs, a number 10 plate and custom ground the stock one for me for later when I need more.

Haven't done anything with delivery valves. Ben put 4k governor springs, a number 10 plate and custom ground the stock one for me for later when I need more.
Ok, sounds like your setup pretty good.

The AFC has been modified to increase rack travel.

just tell them you want o put out all the cc’s you can and adjust the barrels accordingly. You can regulate output with the fuel plate position later.

• Like 1

I knew I was forgetting something. To much going on at work today!

Thanks guys!

• Like 1