Photo
- - - - -

Can I "copy" my first post in a thread into another thread?

Transfer same words

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mr. cob

mr. cob

Dodge be gone, now a Freightliner Pilot

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy riding all types of motorcycles, shooting and trucks, what else is there?

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

Howdy All,

I need some help with wiring and have started a thread in the towing forum offering the job to someone if they want it, I would like to also post that request in the anything else automotive forum.  I have tried to copy-paste, I can't make it happen.  Is this possible, if so can someone let me know HOW to do it?  Thanks.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob, 10 January 2018 - 03:40 PM.

#2 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

Try clicking edit first. Then when youre able to edit the text you should be able to copy it. Then cancel the edit.

Edited by Woodenhead, 10 January 2018 - 05:58 PM.

#3 n7gxz

n7gxz
  • Administrators
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Dave,

When you try to do the cut-n-paste are the 2 tool bars at the top of the text input box grayed out or can you select things like the font, size, text formatting? I'm guessing you can select things.

If you click on the icon on the far left of the upper tool bar (the one with the font/size on it), this should switch things and the tool bars will become grayed out. You should be able to paste your text in at that time. If you want/need to selective format things just switch back by clicking on the icon again.

Does this make sense?

Kevin

#4 mr. cob

mr. cob

Dodge be gone, now a Freightliner Pilot

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy riding all types of motorcycles, shooting and trucks, what else is there?

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Try clicking edit first. Then when youre able to edit the text you should be able to copy it. Then cancel the edit.

Thanks I'll give that try.

EDIT, I tried the edit thing didn't work.  Sorry I am so dumb when it comes to this sort of thing Kevin your post went way over my head.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob, 10 January 2018 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users