I did this with my 07 6.7 but I kept the actual filter element intact and ran the hose to the atmosphere and blocked the hole in the intake tube at the turbo.

Ive read that doing this changes pressure within the engine. Is this BS or is it true?

Id like to delete/gut the CCV on my 16 as a last piece of deleting.

This would stop all the oil mist from running back thru the engine.

Would like to confirm that its a none issue to let it run to atmosphere. I suspect it should be ok to do. Yes?

The idea is that the suction side of the turbo can actually help pull pressure from the crankcase. The differential could probably be measured in millibars if it is anything at all. It does make difference but not one you would ever notice and I would be very surprised if it caused any issues. I have moved a couple to atmosphere on the 6.7’s.

Ben, were any of these 13 and later?

Reading about a sensor thats involved reading pressure and it trips check engine light.

so I'm thinking it's oil and we drive oil burners , any reasons to do this .... can't imagine that in an oil burner this would make much difference unlike the other devises that clog and foul intakes .... but that's just thinking out loud with no first hand knowledge as I have never had a smog'd diesel

Oil mist goes thru the intercooler and onto the sensors down stream.

Oil mist comes out of the CCV under the cover on top of the engine and goes thru a hose into the turbo pushing it all thru the intercooler, intake and engine. An oily film on those sensors and parts will or could leave an oily mess where we dont need it.

well OK then , so much for thinking out loud :)

Might not be able to do it on this model year after looking at differences from the 07 to 16.

Got unfavorable feedback from guys on other boards as well as Cummins Engineer I know in Illinois.

Gonna leave it alone

Hard to do lol

I don't remember a senor at all. I know the Volkswagen have a sensor that will cause a check engine light but I don't remember it for any of the Dodges. Maybe it was pre- 2012 I was messing with.

The real danger isn't so much the oil mist. The Danger is having the oil mist with the EGR functioning. It will plug the intake up with a charcoal bricket.

Ive seen the charcoal crud a few times.

Amazing how that builds up and is in the engine.

Im at my ultrasound and I smell like a smoker, the techs love it!