Abbyfireguy

Dash cams?

don't ya just love amazon prime :)

♥️♥️♥️

Well after spending the week in the great white North I got home yesterday and started installing the camera in my truck, finished it this morning. Figured Id start with the easiest first. Using the hardwire kit I wired it into the switched power for the overhead console. For the record, the dark blue wire with white tracer going into the main plug is switched power.

When connected to switched power the camera will turn on and start recording when you turn the key on, you dont have to remember to turn it on.

The camera has the parking motion sensor option which will record when theres movement in the field of view when parked. Problem with that feature is you need to connect it to constant power and manually turn on this feature. Then when you start driving again, manually switch it back to driving mode. Im not using this feature since Im always parked in the shop anyway. The more spendy cameras make this a bit more user friendly.

Headed to Coulee City so Im looking forward to putting on a few miles today and checking out the footage tonight.

I'm impressed with the quality of the video, I uploaded a sample to youtube but it looks like it reduced the quality on the upload, here it is anyway. On my computer if I pause it at just the right time I can read plates from oncoming cars. When I'm driving directly into the sun the quality is still good but I get some reflection from my dash on the windshield. They make a filter to help with that but I think I'll just get a dash mat. I'm still on the fence about having the GPS speed displayed in the video, on one hand it could help but in most cases I could see someone using the extra 3mph against you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbO9DE7lYxE&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

I'm impressed with the quality of the video, I uploaded a sample to youtube but it looks like it reduced the quality on the upload, here it is anyway. On my computer if I pause it at just the right time I can read plates from oncoming cars. When I'm driving directly into the sun the quality is still good but I get some reflection from my dash on the windshield. They make a filter to help with that but I think I'll just get a dash mat. I'm still on the fence about having the GPS speed displayed in the video, on one hand it could help but in most cases I could see someone using the extra 3mph against you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbO9DE7lYxE&feature=youtu.be

Very cool!

• Like 1

great quality pic here to my old eyes :)

that's from behind the mirror so you don't really see the cam outside much / blends right in the area so to speak ?

that is a one only cam not the dual [the second one you posted above] right ?

Edited by GTroyer

great quality pic here to my old eyes :)

that's from behind the mirror so you don't really see the cam outside much / blends right in the area so to speak ?

that is a one only cam not the dual [the second one you posted above] right ?

Correct Gary, its this camera https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HN0HBFG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted it behind the mirror, Ill get a picture of where its at later today.

Watching that again its kinda comical to listen to the conversation with my kids about starting our little outboard at the lake and checking out the lake Lenore caves, the little guy was asking about bats lol.

Edited by Woodenhead

I had not seen it recorded sound also , fun times with its use .. you can now have your own travel videos lol as well as its intended use !!

I too want one but have to do more home work as Id like a three cam model trailer/truck both ends

I sure think they are worth the $$

Very nice! I need to buy one for my truck - I have one in the car already.

Very nice! I need to buy one for my truck - I have one in the car already.

Im happy with the one I put in my truck. The dual camera I put in the van works well too but the user interface is a bit confusing and the instructions leave a lot to be desired.

Im happy with the one I put in my truck. The dual camera I put in the van works well too but the user interface is a bit confusing and the instructions leave a lot to be desired.

I cant even see the menus on mine - need a magnifying glass :)