Abbyfireguy

Heated seats

Time for things to get back to normal. That means more little projects.

I am repairing my driver's seat cushion and cover.

My son has been bugging me to install a heated seat kit while I have the seat apart.

Genos garage seems to have a good kit made by Rostra for around $52 a seat.

Has anyone used them or installed heated seat kits in the CTD?

Thanks for any input.

mine has factory seat heaters, but I did get the foam cushion from them , not yet installed .... mine has broken down with my dainty azz sitting on it over the years.

Ordering the seat heaters tomorrow morning along with a new foam cushion for the drivers lower seat part.

The niece of a good friend is doing the seat cover rebuilding at a very reasonable rate.

She works out of her home shop and figures it will be a 3 hr job for her.

Will need only one yard of material .

I am looking forward to having a firm, well padded seat to easy the bumpy trips and long highway travels.

It might be a week or so to get the stuff all shipped in.

While we have the covers off the seat Kristin will slip the seat heater pad in place...

Black Friday spending started at 645 this morning . New foam from Geno's garage and two Rostra seat heaters off EBay will be on their way on their cross country journey today!

Now to find another project to keep me occupied for the next week until the parts arrive.

Don't know anything about that kit. Mine came with factory seat heat in front and back. The front seats can also be cooled. It is one of those features where you say to yourself "self why would you ever want that?" Once you use it, you ask where has this been all my life?

Got the drivers seat out and taken apart. The 1997 power seats are a pain the the rear to split the lower frame off the lower portion.

But,working in a warm shop and asking a few question on Dr Google, it is apart, cover off and new foam piece sitting on frame.

The upholsterer will rebuilt the lower cover with a couple of new pieces next Monday.

That will give me time to install the Rostra seat heater in passenger side and get drivers side wired up and ready.

It’s nice to finally have a small job where some of it gets done in the heated shop...

Its a bit nippy out there this week.

Hey Steve, I am very interested in hearing how these work out. My truck is the only rig we have that doesn't have heated seats and I really missed them when we went camping during Thanksgiving. I am thinking they need to be installed. Let me know what you think of them. Are you only doing the lower seat cushion, not the back?

Im not Lol

They work great 🤪

But I dont have back cushion only bottom

Steve be sure to put some burlap or heavy material under cushion between foam and springs to keep new foam from settling into springs if ya already havent done that

What Gary said - Definitely. Canvas, burlap, etc. the long term results are well worth the extra few dollars.

Back in the day we used a square patch of carpet. Fuzzy side up.

The Rostra seat heaters are lower and back for each seat,two panels.

I was looking at the bare springs this morning and trying to figure out what to put in there.

That would help stiffen it up a lot.

The foam replacement from Genos has a layer of burlap looking material bonded to the bottom of the foam.

I will add more. Seat bomb!!

Hmm, that doesn’t sound right.. seat bomb as in upgrade not a Hoss Hershey kiss!

• Like 1

Hmm, that doesn’t sound right.. seat bomb as in upgrade not a Hoss Hershey kiss!

Eeeeewwwwww. Not a pretty visual there :dump:

Got the heater units installed on the seats. The passenger seat is back together top and bottom ready to go back in the truck. The drivers side back and lower have the heater units in and cover is reinstalled on the back section.

I am taking the drivers lower seat out to the upholstery lady on Monday for her to replace one panel in the lower cover.

I will have everything back on Tuesday morning and hopefully in the truck and done on Wednesday if people quit calling me!

Working in the driveway attracts all the people who want to know what I am

doing...

Slows down the projects considerably.

I think we are having a big pot of chilie for supper. People better stay clear tomorrow. It ain’t gonna be nice.

good fair warning

I could come and visit tomorrow. .. what’s a bit of gas between friends!LOL....

After working with Hoss I feel I can handle just about anything.... ain't so bad. LOL!

Chili for two days is giving me lots of room outside.

Passenger seat is all done and back in the truck.

Set on high warms the buns up toastie . On the low setting is just gently warmed.

Waiting on the upholstery lady for the drivers lower cushion tomorrow.

Will be nice to get the old beast back on the road.. I think snow is just around the corner..

We seem to have an epidemic of the stomach flu going around Abbotsford.

I am trying to hide out and avoid everyone.. The truck might have to wait.

Some people are really getting hammered...

Google Fire Cider... You won't get the stomach flu if you drink it. The dog is going to be a bit upset when you start licking his butt to get the taste out of your mouth though. :)

It taste really bad but it does work. I find it much more easy to stomach when drank as a tea with honey.

Wonder if its that Nora virus, nasty super contagious puke your guts out SOB that spreads like wildfire. Tis the season, kids at school are dropping like flies.

Trying tapatalk for first time. Passenger side switch.739653113535e3d32509873b1fc85481.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

My helpful assistant lending a hand with the packaging materials..47da813e932f4b210dd577e836537467.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Edited by Abbyfireguy
  • Like 2