Sign in to follow this  
HOSS

Canadian sighting yesterday

I had a dual Canadian sighting at my house yesterday. Ivan and his buddy Vern came down for a quick visit and to pick up a couple packages. They had to turn and burn but it was good to see them. Liz sent down a loaf of homemade bread and apple pie! Gotta love that!

What is the cost to ship the bread and apple pie to 98632????

Don't worry, I'm good for it. Just send it. LOL!

Wish I could have see Ivan. :( This far South probably seems like a different planet to them Way Northerners.

It's always good to see Ivan. Wish he lived closer...

how long a drive from you and Dave is he ?

And the last hour is roughly... Quite roughly......

Beautiful country though....

Edited by Abbyfireguy

I have lost 2differnt sets of hub caps off my trailer on that stretch of road also a lot of deer in the morning. :burnout:

The drive to Horsefly is one I glady make! Beautiful county! The first time I made that drive after over 5 hours I turned off hwy 1 I was disappointed I didn't want it to end! I could have kept driving for days!

• Like 1

You wouldn't enjoy it now Hoss. Fires everywhere and most roads closed. Vern and I have the "boat"in the lake ready to evacuate to if the order comes through. Williams Lake is on evacuation alert and all roads out of Horsefly are currently closed by fires. WE ARE SAFE here in Horsefly at the moment. Cache Creek and 100 Mile House have been evacuated with both Highway 1 and Highway 97 closed. Hoping for rain but there is none forecast. Keep you fingers crossed guys.

Ben, with the air here so filled with smoke I confess i would be VERY happy to be with you just now but, of course, I would never admit that in public. :P

• Like 1

Holy fire drill Batman!!!!!!! Please keep us updated and stay safe!! I hope everyone up there pulls through without damage!

Keep an eye on Piers and Louise! I bet it would take a bulldozer to get him out of there fire or no fire. Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the fires in your area. I have fond memories from the '60's of heading north and fishing Sheridan, Horsefly and Williams with my Dad. Also remember many, many fine streams.

Thank for your good wishes Guys, so far all here are safe. Piers is working with the fire crews. Sadly I'm too old (they say) so I just sit here and wait. The truck and 5th wheel are ready to go if they open a road and force us out. I'll keep you updated but in this case no news is good news.

Ivan

TV coverage here makes it sound as if the entire Province is ablaze. Praying for lots of rain for you as well as safety for you and yours.

It's crazy after all the snow this year that there is now fires this bad. I guess the moisture makes for more fuel. I hope you all stay safe. If there is anything we can do down here just holler.

Apparently, a warm moist Spring produced a great deal of ground cover growth which, in the subsequent spell of very high temperatures dried out creating a great deal of "kindling". Thanks to pressure from tree huggers and environmentalist controlled burning to reduce this problem has been virtually eliminated in BC Consequently, when we get dry lightning strikes there is plenty of fuel available.

Apparently, a warm moist Spring produced a great deal of ground cover growth which, in the subsequent spell of very high temperatures dried out creating a great deal of "kindling". Thanks to pressure from tree huggers and environmentalist controlled burning to reduce this problem has been virtually eliminated in BC Consequently, when we get dry lightning strikes there is plenty of fuel available.

Sadly they sit in their city apartments and make the bed you have to lay in. :angryfire:

If these people lived in yurts in the middle of this "communing with nature" I bet they would change their tune!

• Like 2

My friends at Pateros said it also froze before most the snow came down so the snow melt ran off the still frozen ground instead of soaking in.

Stay safe Ivan. If I liked you more I would be worried for you and Liz... joking of course.

• Like 1