Boss Shocks Installed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vaughn MacKenzie

Vaughn MacKenzie

24V Club Cab

• Moderators
  • 8,195 posts
  • Interests:Diesel powered anything, from locomotives to diesel lawn mower! Also into a little photography, trains, & old cars.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

I bought a new set of shocks some time ago and finally got around to installing them.  They are made by Boss Air Suspension and based in Australia with the closest distributor out of Canada http://www.bossgloba...oss_shocks.html

They are definitely a step or two higher in quality than the typical shocks available, much nicer than KYB or Bilstein or any of those.  They were a pain to get and they aren't made specifically for any vehicled but instead you find out the specs of your OEM shocks then look on their website for the best match.  When they come there's fittings you attach to match your vehicle.

4x2 Rams are hard to find good shocks for, since everyone such as KORE caters to the 4x4/off road crowd. To install mine I had to install the matching ends and then push the rubber grommets in for the lower ends which took some effort.  The center spacers that came with the kit didn't quite match the OD of the lower mount bolt, so I popped the ones out of the old shocks and forced them in.  I didn't want them rattling loosed.

These made quite a noticeable improvement in ride quality, larger bumps don't upset the tires and suspension nearly as much as before. They have 11 adjustment positions, I set mine at 5. Not harsh at all, seems just right.

I am hoping they hold up better than many other shocks I've tried, which seem to work great for about 5k miles then quickly fade.  Will report back at some point. 

Attached Files

#2 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

I'll give another vote for Boss shocks, after a few recommendations from some guys here I put a set on my '98 several years ago.  I still have the contact information for the guy in Canada that distributes them, he was pretty helpful in finding the right setup for my truck.  At the time they had an overstock on that particular model so I got a great deal, much cheaper than Bilsteins and a superior shock.

I guess that's the first time I've seen a 2wd shock, what a difference.

#3 Torque Monkey

Torque Monkey

There is only one way to find out....

• Moderators
  • 11,431 posts
  • Interests:Welding rust back together.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

I have had BOSS shocks on my truck for years now. I don't remember exactly when they were installed but it was at least 5 years ago (probably longer). They are still working great!

#4 Big Russ

Big Russ

Got Wood?

• Administrators
  • 12,569 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors. Hunting/Fishing/boating/you get the idea.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

I need to re-shock my truck one of these days...

Was going to do Bilsteins - maybe I'll look into these.

#5 GTroyer

GTroyer

Bigger than a Grizz, Gentler than a lamb!

• Contributor
  • 21,808 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:26 AM

I finally had Mark pull the Ranchos off my rig , I had intended on buying the Boss also but Summit honored the lifetime warranty of the Ranchos so back on went a set of Rancho 9000's . I was way overdo for shocks 

maybe next time  LOL

#6 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

I need to re-shock my truck one of these days...

Was going to do Bilsteins - maybe I'll look into these.

This was who I bought mine through. He was a nice dude and very helpful. I think some of you guys here know him.

Reece Tasker
+1 604 799 1869 Canada
BOSS GLOBAL INC: (s.a) www.bossglobalinc.com (group of companies)
Canadian Suspension Importers INC: www.airsuspension.ca

#7 livingez_123

livingez_123

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

• Contributor
  • 13,987 posts
  • Interests:Money makes the world go around, but it can't buy you happiness. I could use a little happiness.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

My Denali needs some new shocks too, going air shocks in the rear.

#8 Packards42

Packards42

Retirement looking pretty easy, just setting prioities.

• Members
  • 17,689 posts
  • Interests:Retirement, antique cars, and trucks.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

air shocks, with inside controls are cool.

#9 Vaughn MacKenzie

Vaughn MacKenzie

24V Club Cab

• Moderators
  • 8,195 posts
  • Interests:Diesel powered anything, from locomotives to diesel lawn mower! Also into a little photography, trains, & old cars.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

Woodenhead yeah it was Reece who I talked to. Yeah he's pretty cool.  Just real busy and hard to get a hold of but helpful when you do connect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users