Lock

New truck

Pulled the trigger and sold the '03. Used that as a down payment, and traded in my commuter (which needed replacement), for a new 2017 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 XLT with the 6.7 diesel and 6 speed auto.

I need to get ~1000 miles on it before I can tow heavy with hit, but so happy to have a truck that is legally capable to tow my heavy little trailer, has the built in exhaust brake, as well as get a real back seat for my kids. This backseat has nearly as much legroom as a Megacab.

Color is called Bronze Fire - it looks like a rootbeer colored metallic in sun, and darker maroon in shade.

My middle son (in the pic attached) "helped pick out" this truck, so he's a happy camper too.

Truck is quiet, drives great, lots of power, and we'll see what kind of fuel economy it delivers.

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

Nice ride!

I have friends running the 6.7 with over a million miles with very little expense.

Enjoy and congrats

Beautiful... The Bronze Fire is a personal favorite. :thumbup2: Can you believe what they cost these days? :HolySheep: I sell the dang things and still suffer from sticker shock.

Wow, nice looking rig! Congratulations on the new toy!

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm pretty happy with it.

Quick update - Just a little over 600 miles on the truck now, and the first tank got a hand calculated 17.2 MPG.

It's quiet! The cab is like a luxury car - great for taking meetings on the road with the hands free.

Ride is very nice also, and the seat hasn't caused any of the lower back flare ups like my other vehicles caused.

So far so good. The towing test will be the weekend of 6/24 for the boys' next MX race.

Nice ride congratulations!!!

Quick update after the first trip with the trailer: wow... all I can say. Pulled great and plenty of power. Night and day difference.

And with over 2k miles on it, I can say the seat is great for my back too. No weird pressure points causing discomfort after 20 minutes like all of our other vehicles.

Very pleased with this truck.

My neighbor had two new Fords at his place

A Platinum F250 and a Lariat 3500 dually

Both white, nice rides.

I was partial to the dually.

He bought the F250.

Beauty! Congrats!!

Finally got my plates and a pleasant surprise: a nice refund on the licensing.

During the deal making day, since the city of Sumner is in the Sound Transit RTA district, they estimated my license costs at $860... I about killed the deal on that alone, dreading every tab renewal in the future.

Well, my tabs actually cost $158. Truck is licensed at 10k gross, so I'm assuming the weight rating pushed it out of the RTA bracket? Regardless, I'm pretty happy about that.