This winters boat project

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

It is a big deal if you are trying to use the exact same stringer holes. :angry:

My crummy old small blocks use the front motor mounts, I'm assuming this is the same as any truck or car, surely putting an LS motor in your jet boat would be the same Paul.  If they don't line up you can always just drill new holes in the block to line up with the ones in the stringer anyway?  Dave is installing a Cummins in his boat, that's gotta be about the same so what's your problem?  My guess is you just didn't bother to do any research on this.

:pot_stirrer:  :P

#122 HOSS

HOSS

I miss you Rob

• Administrators
  • 24,274 posts
  • Interests:My wife, fishing and hunting.
    Wrenching on my truck
    fishing
    BBQ building,smoking,welding
    fishing
    fishing
    fishing

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

My crummy old small blocks use the front motor mounts, I'm assuming this is the same as any truck or car, surely putting an LS motor in your jet boat would be the same Paul.  If they don't line up you can always just drill new holes in the block to line up with the ones in the stringer anyway?  Dave is installing a Cummins in his boat, that's gotta be about the same so what's your problem?  My guess is you just didn't bother to do any research on this.

:pot_stirrer:  :P

POW!!!! 

#123 Ron R

Ron R

Does this look right?

• Members
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

Hoss I have had that boat since last May.  I broke the law going to get it and didn't even know I had.  It was worth it though.

I still have the white/red boat.

Ron R is trying to buy it. So is another friend named Ron. He was my brothers best friend.  Both are being offered the same price. My loss.
As a bonus they both have the same obstacle stopping them......

Ron R's wife even has a shirt.....LOL 

#124 Ron R

Ron R

Does this look right?

• Members
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

My wife said no.

Edited by Ron R, 30 March 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#125 Woodenhead

Woodenhead
  • Members
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Bellows, hoses, gimbal bearings, drive shift cables, control cables, plugs, wires on both motors. Drive coupler, shift shafts and bushings on one side. Cap, rotor, coil and ignition sensor on the other side. New toilet pump, built a battery box for house batteries, washed, buffed, waxed, cabin cleaned. It's been a bit time consuming but we finally launched today and ran it for a couple hrs. No leaks and it finally shifts in and out of gear like it's supposed to.

Summer has begun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users