livingez_123

I want a new project

I want to do something to my Denali. I don't want some teardown and major rebuild, just a fun thing to do.

So I have been wanting to go with a forced induction setup. Either a Whipple supercharger or maybe a nice single or twin turbo setup. I can do a nice twin turbo kit for almost half the cost of a Whipple or ProCharger. No plans of running big boost, probably stay under 10psi. I'm thinking of going with an electronic boost controller so I can dial back the boost if road conditions warrent. So, what are your thoughts?

I'm sitting down because I'm sure some of you will have unkind things to say.

After driving a whippled 6.0 Suburban, it's the way I'd go for fun power. Mileage sucked worse, but it was fun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't know about Chevy motors but if you add much boost, don't you usually need pistons and maybe rods? I don't know cars so well with boost adders but motorcycles never did very well with stock pistons and often rods as well.

The LS bottom end is very stout. I won't have any problems if I stay under 10psi and have it PROPERLY tuned.

GM let's Hennessy put a supercharger on several new cars and SUVs and the warranty remains intact.

Whipple, and adjustable. Spendy for sure but I think a bit more control of the outcome?

Whipple, and adjustable. Spendy for sure but I think a bit more control of the outcome?

I had a blower on my Duster and I really liked how it ran. I had a turbo on my Datsun 1200 coupe that lacked in tuneability. Magnason makes a nice bolt on kit but again it's very spendy.

Edited by livingez_123

If you want to practice, my wife Toyota FJ Cruiser could use a mild Boost.

how do add fuel for a positive manifold pressure?

Edited by Packards42

Whipple is where it's at on most Chevy stuff. Really common in the boating stuff.

Down side is the expense forsure. I think on Jesse's first boat he was in 10K a side. So 20k total.

Having more never seems to be cheap.

So I think the way I'm going to go in is build a 408 short block. For the price of a good turbo kit or SC, I can build a nice 10.5-1 all fordged inturnals. I have seen dyno numbers of this combo go 562hp 538tq on pump gas, smooth idle and a real nice TQ curve.

I know I didn't want to pull a motor, but I think it makes the best sense. Will my back be happy with me? I doubt it but I can stretch the build out for many months. I have a extra 6.0 block and a pair of LS3 heads.

Edited by livingez_123