Future reference. Crossing a couple ratchet straps will get a guy home if needed. 

Broke several when I had the 3rd gen conversion on my 95. Didn’t have the luxury of a quick ratio gearbox.... it was lots of turning before she caught up. 

That was going to be my next option... Funny thing is I normally get home at 2:50-3:05pm, rolled the truck off the flat bed at 3:30pm. I think that was the fastest I'd ever had a truck show up lol.

Stopped in and saw MIke at Diesel Outfitters today, dropped off the Mishimoto Universal transmission cooler and had him order me the Mishimoto OEM replacement unit. It is supposed to have double the capacity and cooling ability... and I won't have to fabricate anything.

I got invited to be one of the couple diesel guys at this years Power Wagons in Moab event, so now I really need to get off my butt and get stuff going on my truck... 3 months goes too quickly...

Got new rock rails on the way, and ordered a composite skid plate for the fuel tank. The fuel tank skid probably won't fit, as it is for a Titan fuel tank, but I may be able to modify it enough to make it work. I'll have to either move the Airdog or make a skid plate for it. Might have to remove the hitch also... Unless I do a high clearance bumper and then the whole rear will be cut. At some point I have to pull my leafs and replace the bushings, and clean them up and respray with Steel-It. Oh and I gotta order a new seat foam piece...

#dieseloutfitters #mapleoffroad #dethloffmfg

Edited by megacabcummins

Well if you quit crapping on your seat doing your escapades it would still be good 😁

20 hours ago, GTroyer said:

Well if you quit crapping on your seat doing your escapades it would still be good 😁

LMAO.... There have been a couple moments LOL

Picked up my new Mishimoto transmission cooler from Diesel Outfitters yesterday, I'll swap that out when I do my turbo. No Paul I have not installed my turbo yet, I have this next weekend off, unless they decide 4 in a row is ok.... sheesh. Got my skid plate, I think there will be some sawzall action on that thing, it appears to be for a long bed because it is 8' plus long... Oh well it is only temporary until some permanent steel ones can be built. Also going to take off the Mag-Hytec from the rear and put the stock diff cover back on, and get a Purple Cranium diff protector on there. Mag-hytec is nice but won't protect against rocks very well.

How long before it’s off road only 😁

I hope your going PSC......

I can come get that Less Superior than Banks Diff cover from you..... -_-

Gary it will never be off road only lol....

Paul I'll let you know when I get my other diff covers, yes my buddy is working on a bolt on kit with PSC for our trucks. 

So truck got hauled home on a roll back Thursday, just up and died driving through Snohomish. Luckily I got it started again and was able to get it rolled into the McDondalds parking lot. Looks like it is either the fuse or relay for the AirDog, gonna have Mike order a new relay. If it is the fuse then I need to figure out why the fuse blew. Was fun waiting for a tow, that cancelled and didn't let me know, and dealing with roadside assistance that told me several times I did not have it, finally had my agent call and straighten them out. 

I had some fuses blow and eventually we found the seal in the pump failed. Seeping fuel into the motor side.

We tried a different harness, higher amp fuse and then discovered the leak.

My experience with Airdog was less than acceptable. Doesn’t mean its like that for everyone. I seemed to have been jinxed. I also ran 10-15k miles/month so perhaps thats why I had the issues show up faster.

Hope it all works out for you. Frustrating AF when your truck dies.

Yea I heard about the seals too, figured I'd try the fuse and relay... if it blows again then I'll pull the pump off the truck and see what's up. I have about 100K on this pump so not too shabby, I know some people who didn't get that much out of them. Maybe I should just pull the pump and start there lmao....

Mine would close in on 70-80K miles then have this issue. They sent me a couple of seal kits but the problem is if there’s a leak, there isn’t much of a hope for the motor to work after soaking in diesel.

Got started Friday with the new turbo install and transmission cooler. It was a little chilly out so I wasn't moving to awfully fast lol. Lost a manifold bolt somewhere, Mike happened to be at Diesel Outfitters sunday and he had a bolt and spacer. Took the truck for a drive yesterday, no leaks, turbo is SWEET !!! And with no tuning it still rips, AND NO SMOKE !!! Got some new constant torque clamps coming for the coolant lines, then I'll crank up the EFI Live and let her eat. The drive in this morning was nice and got to open it up a bit. People say this turbo or that turbo spools like stock, or has lag ect ect. This little 63/67 from @tater_built_turbochargers spools quicker than stock, pretty much zero lag and sounds bitchen. I changed the oil before I ran any through my new turbo, which was quite fun in 32* weather lol. So the truck is so much more responsive now, now the transmission works like it's supposed to, it now drives like it has efi live flashed but it's still on the stock tune. 

IMG_20190218_101335_001.jpg

IMG_20190218_103531_780.jpg

Transmission cooler is a considerable upgrade... And it was a simple install instead of trying to fab a mount for the other one I had.

For some reason it is not letting me ad anymore photos...

Edited by megacabcummins
  • Like 3

So next thing on my list is rear pinion seal, and driveline U Joints. While I was under there measuring u joint cups I noticed a very small leak on the transfercase tail housing, so I'll swap out both of those as well since I am gonna do the front driveline as well. I'm gonna go the, I hope it doesn't leak route, and mark everything and just pull the flange and replace the pinion seal and then reinstall. If it leaks then I'll take it to Morgan, he's the guy who installed my gears and lockers, and have him rebuild it with a spacer instead of a crush sleeve. Then it's on to rebuilding the rear springs, I may just replace the bushings for now and wait to rebuild them lol.... Or replace the bushings and just buy new ones later. These springs are so heavy and not fun to deal with. New sliders are being built, and new diff covers being built from AR500... that should work. I also need to get down to Tigard and get my hydro assist installed, and my transmission skid finished.

Edited by megacabcummins

Looks like the weather may cooperate this weekend, time to do some drivelines  :) 

Then swap in my new hard faced tiller tines.... 

So I found out that dodge glues in the U joints, not sure when they started doing this, but it SUCKS. Heated up the first one by the carrier bearing and started pressing it out and the cap exploded. Decided I'd let Drivelines NW do it, and I had them change out the carrier bearing, ad new boots and balance both shafts. Cost more than I was wanting to spend, but now I won't have to worry about them and have to mess with those glued in joints. Funny thing is not all of them are glued in... weird. Figured well I'll pull the front shaft and take them both the DNW in the morning (Monday) and of course the T40 bolts stripped. Got one out with the impact, two out with the T40 hand tool and vice grips, and one I had to drill out, I had ARP bolts to replace them. Rear transfer case seal was simple, went to remove the rear flange and the tool I bought was 1/2" too small, so ordered a different one. Got the drivelines back, they did a real nice job. Installed the front, along with the new bolts. Rear is installed except the rear axle, got the new puller so I'll be doing that today. While I was under there I noticed the driver side front brake line had been rubbing the tire, I think when Les Schwab did my tires they snagged the brake line. Passenger side is just fine, but I ordered a new set, not worried about the tire as mine get beat to hell anyway. Oh and I finally got around to installing my Larry B battery cable fix... The kit is fine, but I am not happy with how short the battery cables are, I have some 90* lugs coming, I think they'll fit better then the way they are right now. I may just get a new crossover cable and install the new lugs on that, the current one is slightly corroded. OH... and I found some DEKA AGM's for $200 a pop, I may go with those instead of $300 each for Northstars.

Please take pictures and post info when you switch over to the PSC stuff.....  Thanks

Ok rebuilt drivelines are in, new output shaft seal on the transfer case, new pinion seal. The new puller I bought is sweet, almost zero effort to pull the pinion flange. I couldn't see where the old seal was leaking, but to try and prevent the new one from leaking I used Hylomar on the non moving parts. Now to finish up the lugs on the battery cables, I need to solder them up, I did not have any flux... Sounds like my rock rails are almost done, he didn't have any 2X2 so he made them out of 2X3 instead, I may just plumb them up for air tanks lol. I was looking at my overload spring perches and I thought hey I can stick a scissor jack under there and get the spring to push out from the spring mount enough to change the bushings without having to pull the whole spring.... I'll let you know how it goes lol.