Well after almost 8 years and 147K I am finally getting a new transmission from HMS Diesel. I was also looking at Firepunk, Randys Transmission, and Northstate. But after talking with Nick a couple times and knowing a few guys running his transmission I decided to go with HMS. Nick uses Goerend and TCS parts, I didn't go with a full billet build, just a billet input. My thought was I went that many miles on a stock transmission just a mild build will be fine. Mike (actually Sarah) was nice enough to let me have the transmission shipped to Diesel Outfitters to save me some money. LMAO the only downside will be changing it out in this nice weather LOL, but it's only a transmission swap so shouldn't take long.

#HMSdiesel #builtnotbought #DTX #nwbombers #thurenfab #thurensuspension #dieseloutfitters #mapleoffroad #dethloffmfg #mishimoto #carlisuspension #bajadesigns #milestaroffroad

Edited by megacabcummins
  • Like 1

think his name was Rube Goldberg or something close ... 'bout damnnnn time you dropped in Bubba

hope the tranny works well for you

Who are you and who is HMS?

I know the places you mentioned except that one.

Nice of Mike and Sarah to hook up a stranger....

• Like 2

Man, tough crowd on the board these days. Welcome back Pat!

Just wait till Hoss finishes watching his soaps on his new TV and see that you posted. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Hi Pat! Nice to see you here! I hope your new transmission works out great for you! When are you getting it? Just give me a call you know you are welcome to swap it at my place!

Two to three weeks from last Friday, I'm confident this transmission will do me right. Nick's got quite a few of his tranny's in desert trucks and drag trucks, and Dave Goerend has some of the best parts in the business.

Paul here's his FB page.... https://www.facebook.com/HMS-Diesel-388710267869046/

Thank You for the offer Mark I really appreciate it, I will give you a ring when it arrives.

darn I hope you don't have any problems.

That is why I plan to stay fairly local. What I've been reading I would do Firepunk but the distance makes me worry if there is a problem.

I running Dunrite stuff, just make sure all the fluid cooling line connector are tight if you ever do twins, or it may blow a line off without compression connectors. I would not trust hose clamps on lines without flares again. a\it was a very expensive mistake on my part. took about two years to final kill the transmission after running out of fluid once.

One of the biggest reasons for going with HMS is Nick also wheels his dodge, and drag races like Lavon and Randy do as well. But he understand exactly what I do with my truck. LOL Mike also understands, I took him for a ride and I think he may have ruined the passenger seat LOL.

No twins for this truck

Absolutely Kelly, with Hoss bein all cut to pieces an all lol.... :P

Still waiting on parts, stuff got put on backorder... I "should" be done next week and then shipped up, so may not be until first week of January

This may be the next piece to the puzzle... http://www.northwestfab.com/BlackBox_p_11.html

Edited by megacabcummins

Absolutely Kelly, with Hoss bein all cut to pieces an all lol.... :P

Still waiting on parts, stuff got put on backorder... I "should" be done next week and then shipped up, so may not be until first week of January

This may be the next piece to the puzzle... http://www.northwestfab.com/BlackBox_p_11.html

I would like one that goes the other way for my truck. It would really help with freeway mileage while empty. I am at 2100 rpm at 70 mph I would like that to be 1800 rpm

Oh you want a gear vendors, or similar unti.... Or 37's :)

Yea I am kicking myself for not going with 4.88's, and this is more cost effective than new gears, and way cheaper than an Atlas. Though an Atlas would be really sweet.

More cost effective when you factor in driveline modifications and you know a guy you never visit????

Yes because I'd have to make modification with an Atlas as well. :)

vist who? LMAO.... I do need to come visit... maybe drag JB with me.

So my transmission should ship today (crossing fingers) and hopefully get to install it this weekend (crossing other fingers) Getting super stoked to have my truck back n the road.

better plan on will call pick up for that to happen

freight from the Komiefornia bay area might be real close to have delivered there on friday , and then put out for delivery route to you

You come and visit??? I will believe it when I see it. If you get JB to come along I am going to buy a lottery ticket. :lol: