stroketeck

23 glasply

Dang Dave that is one nice setup!!!

I tried like heck to figure out how to post that video you sent me but I am not computer literate enough to git r done :bl:

We are having a good time in Campbell river, 115 miles up took 4 hours 28 gallon of diesel, fishing has been slow :( but did see the biggest salmon at the side of the boat 40+ , my nefiew fist time on a rod jigging for rockfish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading this sitting on the stern of my boat on the lake with my kids sleeping in the v berth. That really is awesome Dave. Its about that far for me to cruise to the north end of Roosevelt but way more fuel. I might do it this year Enjoy your trip and good luck with the fish.

Just got home. Good trip,not so much in the fish department though. Fishing sucked.

Hobbling around with a thrashed body now. Right hip and back are toast. Hopefully the chiropractor visit helped.

Quite rough seas several times.

Will let Dave give you more details. The painkillers are starting to kick in...

Just got home. Good trip,not so much in the fish department though. Fishing sucked.

Hobbling around with a thrashed body now. Right hip and back are toast. Hopefully the chiropractor visit helped.

Quite rough seas several times.

Will let Dave give you more details. The painkillers are starting to kick in...

Dang chiropractors and painkillers it must have been pretty nautical out!

the ride back was a little lumpy, sure was glad to be in a 5500lb boat, it settles nicely into the waves, and the cummins never wavers in rpm. was washing the forward rub rail a lot

The trip home was a piece of cake. It was a couple of the days fishing when it blew up and had big waves. Too much for the old back . A hot tub in the evenings sure would have been a nice thing... A couple of days behaving and some light stretching should get me back to my usual partly crippled self. The joys of multiple injuries catching up to me..

Dave sent me a video last night of part of your trip. It looks some of the fun we have had heading out of Deception pass a couple mornings to go halibut fishing. Not the kind of stuff I would want to be out in for too long in my 20ft aluminum boat :wacko:

If I was to have a boat for that kind of stuff it would be a Parker like I was on in Alaska. What a great hull for handling the weather.

hard to believe it is almost time to pull her home for another re-fit, on the agenda this time is new drop curtain, espar heater, re-do the dash, hydraulic steering, washdown pump. and a few odds and ends. i will close in on 1600 miles since the cummins has been in, i will pull the drive off and will see how the gears and top bearing are liking the cummins, if they are ok i will be very happy

• Like 1

Got to take out the original owner of my Glasply out fishing on the 26th, was a great day out with Glenn, and had lots to tell me about my new boat. he was friends with the daughter of the owner of Glasply at the time. was kinda funny he wanted no sink,stove, cabinets or fancy padded combing along the sides, just a basic fishing boat, but this one was rolling out of production ans was available now, he did not want to wait for them to custom build a glasply for him. it was original power was the BMW that he loved, but opted for a re-power in 2000 to the volvo penta. the BMW was very fuel efficient. but the lack of repair parts availability was worrying to him. he also told me of how his wife only rode in the boat once in the 37 years he owned it.

i hope to have Glenn come up to go fishing with me again many times, it was a real honor to have him with me on a boat he loves so much. it was amazing when we docked, he jumps out of the Glasply and finds a water hose to clean her up, just like it was still his. i really want to find him another 23 and put a cummins in it for him. it was funny when we were coming up to the dock the he comments to me he never smelt any diesel fumes. i kinda laughed you shouldn't.

got to send him home with a nice 21 lb white spring that he and his wife will really enjoy.

• Like 1

That is very cool Dave! Nice job helping a guy relive fond memories!!!

as above .. very cool

what year build date is the new to you boat ? .... it's a classic design , much Improved by you !!!

as above .. very cool

what year build date is the new to you boat ? .... it's a classic design , much Improved by you !!!

thanks Hoss ... probably was in the original thread opener and I forgot to go look DUH my bad

as above .. very cool

1/3 your age

Hahahah

I better go hide

On 12/4/2016 at 7:57 AM, stroketeck said:

Been watching EBay for a twinscan Dave and finally found what I think is the right deal on one today.
Unused, in the box for $150

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Twin-Scan-Fuel-Flow-Gauge-/283467353972?_trksid=p2501496.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc#vi__app-cvip-panel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Woodenhead