stroketeck

23 glasply

well winter is coming upon us and i needed a project, so i am buying a 23' glasply hardtop, and building a new 4bt cummins to power her. i have 90% of the parts to couple a cummins to the mercruiser, pics to come as things progress, it is nice as this is a fiberglass stringer boat and a solid transum

• Like 1

Wow that a great Project. Me I bidding on enclose car hauler, to move the Packard out of the shelter so i have a place to do project this winter.

so the cummins head and block is in getting wheelabrated and magged here is another picture of the boat, the gelcoat shines like a penny, and it has all the canvas, and a 5.7 vortec that i am going to be selling. this was a one owner boat, and always covered moorage

post-2324-0-76083200-1478472750_thumb.jpg

post-2324-0-15896400-1478472761_thumb.jpg

i will be heading down this weekend to put the heads back on the chevy, pay the rest of the money and take it for its last gas powered ride, unless it has a full tank, then i might take it to Canada on the water. it specs a 80 gallon tank

The Packard still waiting for the money. The guy said he bought two other cars closer to him for conversion to limo service. and want mine next spring. Think he need to send a deposit to hold it.

Edited by Packards42

So the Volvo Penta out drive is a good thing? That looks like it will make a nice weekend cruiser!

i already have it all, i went ford adaptor sx drive to 5.0 ford then the ford adaptor on the cummins. if i went with the chevy adapator (i have one as well) they set the engine at a angle.

all the parts are at the machine shop now

It blows me away how you figure this stuff out Dave. Building a motor from scratch, fitting it into something it was never intended for and taking it to the point of looking and functioning like it should, this amazes me.

One day I'd like to build a motor from scratch, maybe start with a Briggs first though lol.

• Like 2

It blows me away how you figure this stuff out Dave. Building a motor from scratch, fitting it into something it was never intended for and taking it to the point of looking and functioning like it should, this amazes me.

One day I'd like to build a motor from scratch, maybe start with a Briggs first though lol.

just saying 350 chev is easier than i a briggs

• Like 1

It will be a good combo for sure.

The 350 is the route to go for sure. That's what I did for the jet boat.

Nothing to crazy build wise but a different set of heads and a little extra machine work well it was apart.

Even including the dress up parts I'm under 4K in the build, including buying a core.