livingez_123

Water Pump Again!

I replaced my water pump before I had my last surgery in April. I have been smelling coolant for over a month now so I decided to take a look. No surprise when I looked under the car and found the trail of dried coolant. I've had to top up my fluid level twice in as many weeks. Not sure if I will be driving it up for SOTM.

Wow, I got over 100k on my first one and now 50k on the second one.

Bummer! I hope it's an easy fix!

By car I assume it's your VW Robert. Both TDi and gasser models have had issues with coolant migrating along the sensor line from the coolant reservoir.. Weird appearances of coolant from electrical lines in the harness.. Might be something to look at while you are checking things...

Bummer! I hope it's an easy fix!

Just the pump by itself is only about an hour for me. The belt and tensioner were replace when I did the pump last so it's much easier.

By car I assume it's your VW Robert. Both TDi and gasser models have had issues with coolant migrating along the sensor line from the coolant reservoir.. Weird appearances of coolant from electrical lines in the harness.. Might be something to look at while you are checking things...

I've read about that, but not the issue here, I just find it odd that the first water pump I put on it about 1 year ago started leaking in 6mo. This one lasted 4mo and has been leaking for close to 2mo now. I don't buy the cheap $14.00 pumps on Amazon. My last one was a Gates. This time I going to go OEM with the proper metal impeller.

The Beetle I flipped isn't having any issues with the pump I used on it.

IIRC - I put in a HEPU Pump in my Beetle.

I have found oem comparable if not cheaper than quality aftermarket filters are cheaper wipers slightly more but they fit. Sorry to hear it's going south

I never did change this! It stopped leaking after I put in some cooling system conditioner. I still have the replacement in the trunk.

you know as well as I that damnnn thing is going to take a dump when your in EBFE and now you have to do it in the cold dark night LOL

you know as well as I that damnnn thing is going to take a dump when your in EBFE and now you have to do it in the cold dark night LOL

Yup! I know. It is on the list of things to do.