BOMBER Board
Bob V

6.0 injectors

Looks like I will need to replace some injectors on my 2006. I THINK that the ford dealer has replace some, but I need to verify that. So what do you all recommend? Some like ford factory rebuilds. I also see that DDP has rebuilds for a little less. hope the nurse them along for a few more months but I am not sure they will make it. Trucks runs great for a week then has a had miss, mostly at idle. Get codes for cyl 1 and 4 contribution.

Throw a treatment of rev-x or archoil in the crank case oil.

Factory OEM Ford injectors are about 270 bucks each. They carry a 2 year warranty at any dealer. If you are looking for stock power injectors, that's the only way I go.

It still sticks/misses when you are running rev-x in the oil?

Then they are too far gone to limp along. :(

Truck will run fine for a week or two, then get a miss. I run it hard,the miss goes away and fine for another week or so.

So where is a good place to buy the ford rebuilds?

Dealer price is 270 (plus core). If they aren't, let me know and I can take care of you. Paperwork is much easier when you are the original purchaser.

My closest dealer quoted $300 ea +core, They usually cut me a better price, this was an over the phone quote. Looking on line the list price looks to be $263. Another dealer about 15 miles away was $263 ea + core. AutoNation in white bear lake was 205ea +Core. They are not as much as I thought. For some reason I thought they where about $370 ea from the dealer

Hmmm, I usually get 20% off. I could check here if you like but like Mark says paper work and warranty is easier if you buy.

Yes, I don't know why the one quote was so high. I will stop buy in person and check again. They usually cut me a good price, within a few bucks of online prices. I also found www.ficmrepair.com was around 200 ea. It would be a lot easier to buy local and take the cores in when I buy them, but $60 ea adds up fast