BOMBER Board
Torque Monkey

Installing heated seats in a non- heated seat Mk4 Jetta

Th wiring harness showed up today from Germany. It was $57.00 but shipping was another $28.00. That kinda sucked a bit.

This is the wiring harness I got. It is for heated seats only. No memory or seat adjustment.

https://www.kufatec.us/shop/en/retrofits/seat-accessories/seat-heating-harness-vw-audi-seat-skoda

These are some instruction I found on the interwebz. The wires aren't marked so well and no instructions were included with the harness.

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/16514-how-to-install-kufatec-heated-seat-loom/

I will post some pics of the leather seats I installed last week, tomorrow since my phone doesn't like to post pictures. Plus you will also need the factory heated seat switches for the dash. Seems a 20amp spade fuse and a relay maybe need as well but I will find out when I get into the install.

Probably start this later this week. I have a log splitter out of my garage before I can jam the Jetta in there and start removing the front seats and center console to route wires.

I did a lot of research on this and found that even with the $90.00 dollars I have into the harness it was still better than trying to make my own harness. I have all the plugs but I would still need to buy a bunch of repair wires to tap the stock relays and fuse block.

Here are pictures of the cloth seats that were in my Jetta. I forgot to take pictures before I had removed the drivers side.

IMG_0718.JPGIMG_0719.JPG

Here are pictures of the heated leather seats installed.

IMG_0720.JPGIMG_0721.JPG

I will take pictures of the install of the wiring harness when I get started on it.

• Like 1

What do you need heated seats for???

I only ever use mine when the seats are cold...

What do you need heated seats for???

I only ever use mine when the seats are cold...

I don't actually they make me feel like I have to take a leak... The price was right and I really like the leather seats. They just happened to be heated so I have to make them work. It's just how i roll...

• Like 1

your wife and Kidlets will like them , might even be worth a ........

your wife and Kidlets will like them , might even be worth a ........

More parts.... I hope. LOL!

Just a thought does the parts car have wiring and switches needed?

Thats what I was wondering also? I bet the wiring is added to a bigger harness so you cant separate them.

Thats what I was wondering also? I bet the wiring is added to a bigger harness so you cant separate them.

^Winner! We cut the plugs off so I have them. i also have the switches. Weeding out the harness is not an option....

Cool project Ben. How much $$ did you find when you yanked the seats out!?

We found nothing under the seats in either car. I was disappointed.....

I will be gutting the interior tonight. Finally got the garage clear so i can fit the car in. I brought home my shrink tube label maker so i could label all the wires for the harness since i don't read German. Should be ready to go.

Now would be a good time for sound deadening..... Just saying

Know of some stuff thats easier to use than dynamat .... and cheaper too.

hush mat or lizard skin?

I would really like to do the cargo area and wheel well in the rear of my Beetle. I get a lot of road noise from back there

Id have to ask. Its a friend that deals with it. Its not lizard skin. Its a little thinner than dynamat, yet more dense (if that makes sense) The backing has little dimples in it to allow more room to form around stuff without ripping through.

I'll get the info and post it up tonight.

Id have to ask. Its a friend that deals with it. Its not lizard skin. Its a little thinner than dynamat, yet more dense (if that makes sense) The backing has little dimples in it to allow more room to form around stuff without ripping through.

I'll get the info and post it up tonight.

I'm waiting....:lol:

Didn't get the Jetta gutted yet. Got hung up doing some painting with POR15 on another project.

STP is the manufacturer.

36 sq-ft is 100 dollars.

Call Spencer : 2089673367

STP is the manufacturer.

36 sq-ft is 100 dollars.

Call Spencer : 2089673367

I don't think it is in the cards this time. That price is really go though.