leadfoot067

met Rip saturday

Nice guy,took a tour of the shop,and took the 2012 home for donimator...I had no idea they did so much in house..I was suprized and impressed at the shop and it's tool content and ability to build most anything!.thanks again rip for the tour!

cool on both topics there! I always mean to get down there but so far it has been a miss for me.

Have your wallet securely tucked away unless you want it's contents to come flying out at Rip's place. He has helped push more than one of us down the slippery slope! :angel::freak:

• Like 2

leadfoot067 it was a pleasure meeting you, thank you for doing all that driving !

donyo, speaking of wallets, you should bring your '11 down for a visit :)

• Like 3

leadfoot067 it was a pleasure meeting you, thank you for doing all that driving !

donyo, speaking of wallets, you should bring your '11 down for a visit :)

Danger Danger!!!! :ninja::bunker::evilB:

• Like 1

Rip, you have come so far.. I get a big smile.

I remember Bbowe and I driving to your place to both get exhaust systems.. To where you are now... WOW!

Wasnt that old garage nice? :)

Such a hiden away place....

the drive home in the 12 was far nicer than the drive to you! man thats a sweet ride!

Danger Danger!!!! :ninja::bunker::evilB:

Rip, you have come so far.. I get a big smile.

I remember Bbowe and I driving to your place to both get exhaust systems.. To where you are now... WOW!

Such a hiden away place....

That '12 IS a sweet ride !

Donyo don't be scared :)

Paul I too recall you guys coming down for exhausts. Aren't you about due for another trip ?

Russ I indeed miss that "old garage".

Dodging the oak tree..... Feeding the wood stove Madrone and effectively running us out.

Crashing on the comfortable couch downstairs next to the fish tank.....

That '12 IS a sweet ride !

Donyo don't be scared :)

Paul I too recall you guys coming down for exhausts. Aren't you about due for another trip ?

Russ I indeed miss that "old garage".

My custom built Rip Rook 5" system with a gently modified Donaldson muffler is just about at the end of its life. :( might be time for a replacement soon. That commute was a killer back then!

Dodging the oak tree..... Feeding the wood stove Madrone and effectively running us out.

Crashing on the comfortable couch downstairs next to the fish tank.....

where you getting your Madrone ... not around you now that's for sure , great heating wood !!

Southern Oregon back then. It's about as prolific as poison oak around Roseburg.

Madrone takes #1 spot for firewood IMHO.

• Like 1

I have seen rips shop. Quite the place to see. Emptied my wallet a few times already.

Can't wait to talk to you again today rip.

Someday I will have a wallet for ya to wring out Completely there Rip .. LOL

Trevor and I been in this competitive mode .. I was gaining till I couldn't work .. now he winning again .. LOL

Eat my dust john, lol

New turbo coming soon.

Not everyone successfully dodged the oak tree ! It still doesn't flex much.....

Tam has upgraded the fish tank and the couch since your last visit. You too are due for a visit !

Isn't that exhaust still under warranty ? :)

Tam has upgraded the fish tank and the couch since your last visit. You too are due for a visit !

how big ... my newest one is 220 Gal.

how big ... my newest one is 220 Gal.

I had always wanted a 240. The right deal on a used one came along & we grabbed it. Glass tanks that large are a handful to move. One more thing scratched off the bucket list.

My 160 was a bear! Cannot imagine a 240!

Lisa and I moved it twice. Third time, i sold it.

Mark / Rip

yes they are a booger to move , my son and I moved this one .. when Jason [my Son] finally talked me into it we went and looked at it [used also] it had 4 very large fish in it smallest was about 12" largest about 18" and about 4" of gravel bed .... man that is some stinky stuff to empty out LOL especially when the tank wasn't cared for very nice , bet it was never vacuumed :(

part of the sale price was we emptied it and found new homes for the fish as I didn't want that size of fish .. the price was low enough to entice me LOL ... the tank was the cheep part it turns out LOL you guys who are fish tank people know what I'm talking about ...

we now have my old 55 gallon tank as the sump tank for the filter system and a custom made filter system that works great , use a 1800 Gallon Hr pump to pull out and return lots of water through the filters ... we have somewhere between 150 and 200 [up to 2-3"] smaller fish in the tank plus a few clown loaches [snail eaters] and one pleco that's grown to about 6" now

Edited by GTroyer

I had a 55 gallon and an 80 gallon when Kim and I got married. The 55 was salt water.

I will have one again someday. I always wanted to do a really big Reef Tank. In that case no matter how big the tank is, it is the cheap part.

The fish store I went to had a 2200 gallon thank that used hot tub pumps. That thing was huge.