Sign in to follow this  
rubystargoats

What's up with these turbos

Are those water cooled?

i am a dealer for them, they are a state of the art manufacture in Canada, do you need a turbo Dan?

Well you know my boost has been on the low side since Ford "rebuilt" mine under warranty I used to see just over 30 but since the "rebuild" maybe 25. I think the norm for the 6.Oh wow is 29 +. Plus these things don't live forever..However..... I need to replace my programer before I do anyting else.

just finished a test drive with one on a late 04 26psi low load and no programer

But I am running Inovative's extreme street.

Hello Dave

Dan if you would like to get together Saturday I have an SCT that has 3 SCT "canned" tunes you could try and see if that changes your boost. It also has a boost gauge which you could check against your boost gauge.

I would have to figure out how to unload the current program.... I do need to do that anyway but was going to wait until I had new. 32 to 34 is what I used to get before the Ford warranty fix.

If Sat ils dry I will be home most of the day. Thanks

Edited by rubystargoats

Have you checked for leaks? Cracked boots or leaky pipes in the bellows (would smell smoke in cab with bellows leak). Just never know with things getting moved during the rebuild

weather is looking descent for tomorrow. between 10 - 11 work for you? i'd call but lost your # with my old phone

Bummer, I was going to head up that way tomorrow and get a stock air cleaner that is in Auburn. Made commitments to go the Molalla instead

Yup it's raining here. Maybe next weekend will be better. So far the weather is looking descent for next Saturday. I got your number now and will call you later next week if things are still looking descent still.

Ok, I am going to order the X4 on Mon. Inovative is not open today, hope it will get here before the weekend. I think I have returned the truck to factory ..... maybe...

Been there, as all 4 spun up and the truck drifted down the crown of the road toward the ditch ... my passenger thought maybe I should lift off the throttle... and I still didn't have much boost....

are you sure ford didnt over-write your programmer for you? They like to reflash computers, especially if it has something non-ford loaded. Since it doesnt sound like you've unloaded before, that makes me think you took it to the shop with the program still loaded, and ford wiped it. Used to be really common with superchips tuners.