srt6

So fass installed today having issues

So fass install wasn't terrible but every fuse I try to piggy back that works makes the turn signals go in with the brakes....

I'm using the fuse panel in the engine bay idk if there's anything worth pursuing in the cab fuse panel.....

I'm planning just to put in a gangster switch tomorrow unless I can find another way.

The only other thing could be a bad relay but idk where I could find another one if it's generic or not.

2003 lb7 ccsb

my fass, we installed a inline fuse, and wire from the box in the engine bay. it independenent of eveything else. the trigger is off the orginal pump wire plug. I check that for a problem too.

Well unfortunately the duramax doesn't have a factory lift pump so I am not able to hook into that. :(

So I found a better spot in the interior fuse box.

Edited by srt6

Well unfortunately the duramax doesn't have a factory lift pump so I am not able to hook into that. :(

Silly GM......... :crazy:

I had a cummins unfortunately I'm quite happy with the dirtymax. I still love cummins but I'm happy with what I have aswell.

No real issue with the dirty max, just that GM for a lot of years now has cut corners on things and sometimes that can bite. No lift pump in my view is one of those. I have not looked at all the others with common rail so don't know if everyone else runs lift pumps or not but if not I would do as you are now doing and add one. Ford did not do anyone any favors with the 6 leaker either when they ignored International and bumped up the power but I still like mine.

• Like 1

I agree corners seem to get cut more and more. I just want to make my truck last and be reliable so I fix issues that I can see to cause Un needed wear on things.

the Jeep liberty that had the diesel in 05&06 had a common rail without the lift pump. Funny thing is that it did have the wires for it under the back seat and you could use the in tank lift from a Dodge Ram diesel in the tank, pretty simple mod.

I believe the common rail Cummins run lift pumps, but crappy ones.

There's no reason for a lift pump on a stock duramax there's guys getting 200k+ miles out of there cp3s. I don't see it as cutting corners, rather just not doing something that's not needed.

The in tanks pumps on the 05 and newer Rams have proved to be reliable and up to all but the most over fueled applications

Well I just think it will help the truck last since there is no lift pump so it sucks the fuel all the way from the tank. I plan to do mild mods and just want it to last. That's my plan so I know some people will say leave it but to me it's piece of mind.

Especially since the factory filter isn't good enough to protect injectors. If you choose to install a better filter it will choke put the cp3. So I made a choice that feeds better and filters better.

Edited by srt6

There are zero negative issues with putting aftermarket lift pump on a duramax.

Better filtration

Better top end power

Longer cp3 life

Longer injector life

All I've seen personally as benefits

• Like 1

Silly GM......... :crazy:

I'm not so sure the stock Cummins electric lift pump was a positive aspect of a 2nd gen 24V...

Well I just think it will help the truck last since there is no lift pump so it sucks the fuel all the way from the tank. I plan to do mild mods and just want it to last. That's my plan so I know some people will say leave it but to me it's piece of mind.

Especially since the factory filter isn't good enough to protect injectors. If you choose to install a better filter it will choke put the cp3. So I made a choice that feeds better and filters better.

it will certainly not choke the cp3. I ran a 2 micron filter before my fass 150 with a 150rwhp tune over stock. Zero problems.

The in tanks pumps on the 05 and newer Rams have proved to be reliable and up to all but the most over fueled applications

what are you considering the most over fueled applications cause anywhere near 500whp and those pumps are needing to be replaced with something better

The intank pumps when they fail lead to more work to replace also.

it will certainly not choke the cp3. I ran a 2 micron filter before my fass 150 with a 150rwhp tune over stock. Zero problems.

Well short term no but I believe that feeding it and filtering better will make my truck last longer. That's all I really care about I may run a 60-80 hp tune unless I go built trans road, but I just want my truck to last.

So is putting a 95gph lift pump overkill maybe but I live by safe than sorry rather than sorry and here's my money. Plus the truck runs very noticeably smoother. So I say worth it

Edited by srt6

There are zero negative issues with putting aftermarket lift pump on a duramax.

Better filtration

Better top end power

Longer cp3 life

Longer injector life

All I've seen personally as benefits

I completely agree that's why it was my first mod :)

I completely agree that's why it was my first mod :)

Congrats on the mod and the determination to resolve the issue and Get-R-Done.