Dylan

So I'm looking at getting a dmax what's a good year?

I've always been a dodge guy but am looking for a change...I want to something that's going to be super reliable and I can pull a trailer with every weekend so let me know what you guys thing just trying to find out the good and bads.

6 speed trans (allison) is a little more robust.

01-04 trucks have a high injector replacement cost (not injector itself, just 3X the labor)

Past that, they are pretty solid trucks. The front end will need attention, but is capable of holding abuse with the right parts.

Inner and outer tie rod ends are weak, as is the pitman arm. Front dif will last if you dont put the power down in 4x4.

Front diff lasts at 1k plus HP.

Front end is stout with rare parts tie rods. Cognito pitman/idler arm braces.

How much are you looking to spend? What are your goals?

If you could afford a lml I'd buy one. Other then that the LBZs are great. Lmm are also great but come with all the crap on them. LLY and LB7 are also great trucks. Just lb7 injectors tend to go out and both lb7 lly have headgasket issues with higher miles. LBZs do crack pistons and cranks sometimes, stock tuned or big tune. Some also live at 700hp...luck of the draw

Tie rods are easy to fix...225 for some rare parts tie rods, front end braces and you're golden.

Built trans lift pump you're good for 12s and 500whp+

Just depends what you want! I love my lb7 but it's not for everyone. Think I love no truck payment more than anything haha

Edited by 01Dmax

Inner and outer tie rod ends are weak, as is the pitman arm. Front dif will last if you dont put the power down in 4x4.

all the pitman arms that have sheared off have broke at low speeds and turning hard...so not a power issue. And that's rare...

I've done all the stuff. Injectors, pump work, timing, chips you name it I just have a problem with not being mature enough to just drive like an old man so I'm looking to stay bone bone stock beside exhaust and intake. I'm thinking of spending 25 ish and will be pulling a gooseneck horse trailer a lot

I've always liked the 48' cab-over's with the split front windows.........not sure that's what you had in mind......... :DancingBunny:

:bunker:

Dave Smith Motors.com

I have found soem real nice truck there ... out of my personal price range but .. manny nice ones in the 25 range ..

We've got an 04 at work, pretty decent shape. They're asking $26k but I'm sure there's wiggle room.

I just picked up an 03. I have zero emissions stuff on my lb7 so a few less things to worry about. Great truck so far!