Sign in to follow this  
livingez_123

Next project

I'm going to install a pair of 05-06 E fans out of a Sierra.

2 bolts and the upper and lower shrouds are out of the way, spin off the fan, drop the E fans in place, use the same 2 bolts and the fan swap is done. plug in the factory harness, route in factory location and plug into ECM...Done! I should have about 45min in to it.

And then surgery on Monday and out of commission for a while.

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6682.JPG

Untitled.jpg

Edited by livingez_123

Are the fan bigger, ?? Those might be great on the Dodge for low speed cooling.

Edited by Packards42

Bench tested it tonight, and everything works like it should. it has 3 different fan options. a/c on and one fan is on high, just driving around with no a/c and both fans come on low speed, driving around with the a/c then both fans come on high speed. Now I just need to find 2 ECM pins and leads.

It would be cool to have an auxiliary fan com on a low speed in the yard and for the AIR Conditioner.

Do Canadian Truck use a smaller Raditor or is the same as US Models. My truck orginal came out of Canada in 2001 with 500 miles on it.

Edited by Packards42

Today I changed my main alt lead from a 10ga to a 4ga, Put an undersize alt pulley on it for better low rpm charging. Changed out my belt and both idler pulleys. I pulled my ECM and added a pin to the harness and a new lead for my fans. Maybe tomorrow if I feel better I can finish up.

I plugged in my tuner to set my fan temps and the OBDII plug gave a small puff of smoke. I unplugged it and checked the vehicle end and it was fine, checked the tuner end and it was stuck in the tuner. Sent it off to get fixed. Maybe next week.

But today, I changed all of my interior lights to LED's and put in some 6k HID's into my OEM projectors. It's a nice white light with just a tiny tiny touch of blue. I would say 97% white and 3% blue. Nice cut off line on the pattern. Now to wait until it gets dark.

What brand bids you go with? I used to have 6k but they seemed like 8k as far as how blue they were...switched to 4500k and love it, pure white and visibility is better with them. I'm all about that usable light!

What brand HIDS you go with? I used to have 6k but they seemed like 8k as far as how blue they were...switched to 4500k and love it, pure white and visibility is better with them. I'm all about that usable light!

Well my fans are still having issues. My ac triggers one fan on high like it should, but the low speed fans wont come on. I not getting any signal from the ECM. I have 2 different tunes that should address the problem but no. Well the dealer showed me today that my ECM is current, and no updates are available. So, I'm not sure what to do next. the fans are wired correctly, the ac fan works, but no signal from the ECM to trigger the low speed fans. I guess maybe find a core ECM and start over, or just sell my Diablo Trinity and go with EFI live and have BlackBear tune it.

Or go to plan "B"

i like plan B.

Edited by Packards42

It does everything!

You know I will have a Dmax in 12 days, all stock in every mechanical way..............

Well I finally got my E fans to work properly, it was in fact a tuning issue. They didn't notice that the fan on temp was set @ 283°F.

Now I have a tune with it set @ 212°F. I also had them change the setting to make my AC fan turn off @ 45mph and turn back on @ 30mph. Time to move to the next project.......complete front end rebuild.