BOMBER Board
4x4manonbroke

Dynomite diesel Day 2013

...... here is a link to the begining of my viedo collection from Dynomite Diesel Day in Monroe 2013 ........ I had an awesome time next year the wife is gonna let me run our truck ... hope you all enjoy ( please keep in mind I took these on my phone and I'm not a professional viedo person ...LOL ).

I had fun. Looks like I still have work to do on ole red.

I had a good time as did my boy. He got to sit in the DDP race truck and pester the builder/driver (forgot name) for a while which really made his day. We didn't have time to hang all day to watch the big number trucks run in the afternoon but none the less it was a thrill for him and I to see what we did. I was surprised he took as much of an interest in it as he did for an almost 6 year old.

Met some nice folks including someone else that also made the trip from Ephrata, probably a few folks from the Board too but it's tough to put faces to forum handles :).

I was disapointed in my trucks results but I'm sure that's a common scenario. I did make a video of my truck running, I'll post it when I figure out this YouTube thing.

I'd also like to see the days results, nothing on the DDP site at the moment.

Most of all, thanks to all those that made the effort to put this together.

Highest power I saw was 1054 or something like that. Twin trubo, fuel only was 810 I believe. That was the one I was watching.....

Good to see you You and your Boy Mike!

It was a great day, even the weather was just right. I enjoyed meeting some old friends and was able to put some faces to a number of board members.

I was a little disappointed with my figures but, when Byron, Hoss and others pointed out that I had a major boost leak, I figured that 418 wasn't bad. I left early to limp back to the Hossienda to fix the leak and did not get the chance to say goodbye to a number of folks. Sorry about that guys, I was a little concerned about towing the 5th wheel back home with very little boost.

After Hoss and Ben did some hammering and duct taping the problem was solved and the trip home was uneventful.

Thanks to Mark and Terry for all their efforts and thanks to all the guys that offered advice and support.

It was a great day, even the weather was just right. I enjoyed meeting some old friends and was able to put some faces to a number of board members.

I was a little disappointed with my figures but, when Byron, Hoss and others pointed out that I had a major boost leak, I figured that 418 wasn't bad. I left early to limp back to the Hossienda to fix the leak and did not get the chance to say goodbye to a number of folks. Sorry about that guys, I was a little concerned about towing the 5th wheel back home with very little boost.

After Hoss and Ben did some hammering and duct taping the problem was solved and the trip home was uneventful.

Thanks to Mark and Terry for all their efforts and thanks to all the guys that offered advice and support.

Just a hose/boot off or where was it leaking? It was surprising how loud the leak was from where I was watching. At least it's fixed now, that's all that really matters in the end!

Edited by Woodenhead

Just a hose/boot off or where was it leaking? It was surprising how loud the leak was from where I was watching. At least it's fixed now, that's all that really matters in the end!

It was half off... A little more than a leak.

Also I am willing to bet it happened somewhere around the time the dyno recorded 418 hp. That leak was pretty bad.

Hope I have my turb back together, Wish I could of made it this year. Looks like you guys had fun!

Rusty, not only impressive but that truck does it over and over again...

Rusty, not only impressive but that truck does it over and over again...

What year is it Paul? Early CR or later 5.9L?

By memory I think it's a 05. Todd Halfon is the owner. Hell of a nice guy.

By memory I think it's a 05. Todd Halfon is the owner. Hell of a nice guy.

I chatted with him for a while at the rollers, couldn't remember his name till you mentioned it. Agreed, super friendly dude. Wish I could have hung around long enough to watch his truck go.

I chatted with him for a while at the rollers, couldn't remember his name till you mentioned it. Agreed, super friendly dude. Wish I could have hung around long enough to watch his truck go.

Don't feel bad, I didn't get to see it either. Just ended up talking to so many people and still didn't get to talk to half of what I wanted. It is a bit of a drag that we all don't have the time to gather like this more often. There are so many peole that used to, and still do frequent these events that I like to see.

Thanks Paul! Just curious. i don't supose you would know much about what his set up is? I really hate asking guys at an event like this unless I know them. I figure there is probably enough people bugging them that i certainly don't need to add to it.

I did, at least get a chance to say hello to Lenny. it was good to see him again.

Lenny would be much better to ask. I know he was on a second set of turbos last I saw it. His goal was 4 digets on a dyno and able to street drive it. He got both.

I believe it made some passes in a Pinks competition once to.