BOMBER Board
Sign in to follow this  
SMOKN05

Brazel's RV dyno results!

It was nice to meet you Austin The Diesel Tech. Nice truck. You took top honors right? Glad I decided to go as I learned that my turbo is only boosting to 35psi, not near high enough. :right: I have a manual boost controller that I ran on the stock turbo but never installed with the 66 cause I thought the WG was set to 40lbs.

I gotta say their dyno skeeered me! lol They do a dyno run backwards by running it up to redline, hold it there and floor it then add load to drag the rpm back down to above idle or a "normal" starting rpm. Seeing the trucks scream at redline then the turbo spool to max boost, then hearing the engine keep dropping rpm down to what sounds like idle but the turbo is still screaming bloody murder at max boost....it made my truck nuts shrivel up into my exhaust pipe waiting for something to go bang! :lol: There shouldn't be any problem spooling up twins. :right:

Because of the load and only running 35psi, I had too hot of egt and he had to back off the throttle. So my truck made 485hp / 975tq. (he wrote 925tq but the graph shows 975tq) I want to set boost to 40 or 45psi and try again but I'm still scared! Ha.

Good to see you again too Tom! Nice truck(s) too! Sweet power out of both of them.:burnout:

I got there very last, I had the manifold, turbo and injectors out this morning and I was behind the 8 ball as usual. I had some 180 HP stock injectors that had three extrude hone flows done, they were just a smidge bigger than 215's.

I got 246 HP & 720 foot pounds.

Yes, the dyno was freaky. I must have missed you. I'll catch up next time when I'm not the last guy to get there.

Edited by skyking

that type of Dyno is used in most all truck / bus [class 8] type of services

Yep that sounds like a water break dyno. Oh and guys those are the most real numbers you are going to get.

This was my first dyno but now I have a baseline for improvements. I was expecting a little more HP than I got. my first run was 322/950 and the second was aborted when the IC boot came loose. They let me back on the rollers after everyelse was done and I hit 340HP

They started their test at 3K RPM I currently only have a 3K GSK installed I am thinking this is why I had the lower than expected HP numbers.

Headstuds,4K GSK and HD valve springs and I will wanting to hit the rollers again.

The last couple of rigs are not on here

if you don't use the same type dyno .. the water brake style you'll not see the same type of numbers, if you use a dyno jet style dyno it wil read higher [usually] as they are free'er dyno's and you'll not be comparing apples to apples HP/Torque numbers

I didn't take any pics or vids. I saw a few people filming, post up the videos if ya can.

Oh, and Hoss, you should have showed up cause Kelly was right, the shop is on the corner of Hoss Rd and Harris(on) Ave!! :lol:

Edited by SMOKN05

This was my first dyno but now I have a baseline for improvements. I was expecting a little more HP than I got. my first run was 322/950 and the second was aborted when the IC boot came loose. They let me back on the rollers after everyelse was done and I hit 340HP

They started their test at 3K RPM I currently only have a 3K GSK installed I am thinking this is why I had the lower than expected HP numbers.

Headstuds,4K GSK and HD valve springs and I will wanting to hit the rollers again.

Nice to see you JR, your torque numbers are nothing to shake a stick at ;the torque is where the real work is done.

I really have to thank Dave for the programing and set up on this truck

he done an outstanding job and the numbers prove it !!

510/1000 with stock injectors

With bigger sticks I can see the turbos (theoretical) 625hp limits

But right now really happy with both of our trucks numbers!

:-)

It was nice to meet you Austin The Diesel Tech. Nice truck. You took top honors right? Glad I decided to go as I learned that my turbo is only boosting to 35psi, not near high enough. :right: I have a manual boost controller that I ran on the stock turbo but never installed with the 66 cause I thought the WG was set to 40lbs.

I gotta say their dyno skeeered me! lol They do a dyno run backwards by running it up to redline, hold it there and floor it then add load to drag the rpm back down to above idle or a "normal" starting rpm. Seeing the trucks scream at redline then the turbo spool to max boost, then hearing the engine keep dropping rpm down to what sounds like idle but the turbo is still screaming bloody murder at max boost....it made my truck nuts shrivel up into my exhaust pipe waiting for something to go bang! :lol: There shouldn't be any problem spooling up twins. :right:

Because of the load and only running 35psi, I had too hot of egt and he had to back off the throttle. So my truck made 485hp / 975tq. (he wrote 925tq but the graph shows 975tq) I want to set boost to 40 or 45psi and try again but I'm still scared! Ha.

Good to see you again too Tom! Nice truck(s) too! Sweet power out of both of them.:burnout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZREhJW2yno

Edited by Austin The DieselTech

I got there very last, I had the manifold, turbo and injectors out this morning and I was behind the 8 ball as usual. I had some 180 HP stock injectors that had three extrude hone flows done, they were just a smidge bigger than 215's.

I got 246 HP & 720 foot pounds.

Yes, the dyno was freaky. I must have missed you. I'll catch up next time when I'm not the last guy to get there.

2012-06-02_15-44-10_335.jpg

Untitled.jpg

2012-06-02_15-49-09_608.jpg

I really have to thank Dave for the programing and set up on this truck

he done an outstanding job and the numbers prove it !!

510/1000 with stock injectors

With bigger sticks I can see the turbos (theoretical) 625hp limits

But right now really happy with both of our trucks numbers!

:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILbKCJQc26A

It was a pleasure meeting all of you that made it out today. I had a blast!!!!!!!!!!! I only ended up making 550HP/1200TQ and I popped my boot off the cold side of my inter cooler. I talked to one of the techs there and he said since they had such a good turn out (17 trucks) they are planning on making this a annual event!!! I also found out today that I need to cut my fuel waaaaaaaaaay back. Running 70PSI out of my twins and it didn't even try to clean up at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDYE6cg8Bc

Thanks for the pics and vids Austin. :rk:

Not a problem. I still have a few more videos that are uploading. I think it is safe to say, that we left a decent size carbon foot print today lol.

2012-06-02_15-20-44_417.jpg

2012-06-02_15-20-36_489.jpg

Austin, it was the really Nice to meet another nwbomber today, thanks for posting the pics and videos!

How did skyking do for numbers?

did you end up as the only twin?

Did I end with the best numbers with a single?

Austin, it was the really Nice to meet another nwbomber today, thanks for posting the pics and videos!

How did skyking do for numbers?

did you end up as the only twin?

Did I end with the best numbers with a single?

246/720. I was the only twins truck there today. Yea, you took the flag for highest hp for a single charger. It was nice to meet you as well. Its nice to finally find some diesel enthusiasts like myself in my area.

I didn't take any pics or vids. I saw a few people filming, post up the videos if ya can.

Oh, and Hoss, you should have showed up cause Kelly was right, the shop is on the corner of Hoss Rd and Harris(on) Ave!! :lol:

Somebody needs to go cut down that street sign for me :rk: :rk: :rk:

JR, I didn't get any video of your runs on my camera but the other guy that was there with me got pretty much everything so I will see if I can have him send me the video of your run.

I got some on my phone I will Post it later today

Thanks for setting this up for us I had a good time

Somebody needs to go cut down that street sign for me :rk: :rk: :rk:

But Hoss.......that would be illegal ...........