johnvosh

Engine making horrible noise, please help!!!

Well my truck is dead. It had a good run, over 100,000 KM's since I bought it. Has 259,000 KM's or so on the clock. I am not exactly sure what is wrong, but it makes a horrible sound under idle and at RPM's after about 1.5 minutes of running from cold. A mechanic friend of my dad says it sounds like it is probably a push rod or similar. There isn't anywhere I can go work on it. If I had a place it would have to be towed cause I don't want to cause more damage. My brother drove it with this sound for about 1KM (max speed of about 50 KM/H). If I could work on it outside I would, but can't because I live in an apartment.

The last time I checked the injector rates was in the spring time and there is at least 4 that are starting to get bad and 1 that is close to going. And from doing some listening to it, it sounds like it is on the passenger side. And to get to the passenger side is a lot of work because of the twins piping (exhaust, etc.).

OK, so I took a video of the engine after it sitting outside for over a week. All is fine until 1:30 and then it goes bad. And yes I know the clamp on the air filter piece is loose, I had it off and just haven't tightened it yet. Please let me know what you think...

Here is the link: LB7 engine problem

You need new injectors my friend. Thats the only thing that I can think of that would be instant like that. You could also hear that it was not quite fireing right when you started it.

Well my brother who has been driving it, got himself a new vehicle and I already have my Cobalt so am going to try and get rid of it. Have a meeting with the bank on Thursday to try and get the lien taken off of it, then just sell it. It has served us good, but just not worth fixing. He has a second kid on the way and I only need a truck 1-2 times a year. How much do you think I could get for it as it sits? I was hoping to ask for $5,500.

More details on the truck please?

I may know a guy interested in it.

CEL is on because I had the MAF disconnected and didn't clear the code. The day after it started making the noise, I checked the codes and it had an overboost code, a transmission code and a "u"code.

More details on the truck please?

I may know a guy interested in it.

Truck has MPI twin turbo’s, 4†Banks exhaust, Banks intercooler, tie-rod sleeves, injectors have 100,000 KM’s on them. Has newer tires that are only a year old & are mountain snowflake rated. The following has been replaced within the last 1.5 years; 2 batteries, starter, all 8 glow plugs, block heater, alternator, rotors & brakes. Brand new air filter & pre-filter, full tank of the best Canadian diesel fuel! Transmission has never been in limp mode, shifts good, only has 100,000 KM's on it. Truck ran great and drove good & straight. Has aftermarket deck and new front door speakers. All power options work. Is an extended cab long box, all leather, SLT. Was "got juice?" 's truck....

Never driven hard and spent all is life as a grocery getter.......

Riiiiiiight :right:

You forgot the that it was driven to church....

You forgot the that it was driven to church....

And he walks among us.........................783.gif