BOMBER Board
hdm48

THANK YOU Hoss & Torque Monkey

The new clutch is in thanks to Hoss (Mark) and Torque Monkey (Ben) AND Peter at Southbend Clutch. I really don't know how to express my appreciation for all that has taken place. This above and beyond customer service and friends willing to help.

The day started with Mark digging in and taking over as he disassembled my truck with a practiced ease that only comes from experience and knowledge. Then Ben showed up and the two of them worked together like a well oiled machine and before you know it, it is done. I had to find things to do when they weren't looking so I could feel like I was actually helping. Wow, these guys really know what they are doing.

I also need to express my appreciation to Peter at Southbend Clutch. He Too went above and beyond normal warranty practices to assist a customer. It goes without saying I will always remember this and refer anyone I speak to about clutches to Southbend. I'm not sure if there are better clutches on the market, but I AM sure there is no better customer service.

About the new clutch. It is smoother, the peddle moves without shaking, and the noise I thought was a bad bearing is gone. Over all, with only the drive home to judge, it performs better than the old one did even when it was new. And the peddle, it's easier to push now than the stock clutch. First impression; very, VERY pleased.

THANK YOU - Mark, Ben- and Peter

I will never forget this

And Mark, sorry about the smart arsed remark, it was meant to be humor.

Dave

A substantial amount of work done right there by a substantially great pair of guys! B) Way to step up and GET-R-DONE....AGAIN! :rk:

Yea when my OFE went south Peter not only replaced the clutch disc and pressure plate, he also replaced the flywheel, he did not have to do that... Great customer service, and pretty sure both the guys helped me out a time or two as well, ok more like 30 or so lol....

The new clutch is in thanks to Hoss (Mark) and Torque Monkey (Ben) AND Peter at Southbend Clutch. I really don't know how to express my appreciation for all that has taken place. This above and beyond customer service and friends willing to help.

The day started with Mark digging in and taking over as he disassembled my truck with a practiced ease that only comes from experience and knowledge. Then Ben showed up and the two of them worked together like a well oiled machine and before you know it, it is done. I had to find things to do when they weren't looking so I could feel like I was actually helping. Wow, these guys really know what they are doing.

I also need to express my appreciation to Peter at Southbend Clutch. He Too went above and beyond normal warranty practices to assist a customer. It goes without saying I will always remember this and refer anyone I speak to about clutches to Southbend. I'm not sure if there are better clutches on the market, but I AM sure there is no better customer service.

About the new clutch. It is smoother, the peddle moves without shaking, and the noise I thought was a bad bearing is gone. Over all, with only the drive home to judge, it performs better than the old one did even when it was new. And the peddle, it's easier to push now than the stock clutch. First impression; very, VERY pleased.

THANK YOU - Mark, Ben- and Peter

I will never forget this

And Mark, sorry about the smart arsed remark, it was meant to be humor.

Dave

No problem Dave we were happy to do it.

I am glad you are happy with your new clutch Peter has unbelievable customer service and it speaks volumues as far as him as a person. He and Rob were cast from the same mold :rk: and DO THE RIGHT THING is something Peter always does. Unfortunately sometimes that leaves a guy open to being taken adjantage of but you cannot control what other people do you just have to keep doing the right thing yourself and Peter does :rk:

As far as the smart assed remark I dont know what you said but it must not have bothered me cause I dont remember it :unsure: heck if your not yankin my chain I wont know your there :right:

I had a great time and it was nice to see Jake and meet his girlfriend.

I need to add something regarding the "Old" clutch. Peter at Southbend told me to look for something that would be obvious if there was a mistake made during the original install,which I did before it was removed. It appears there was NO problem with the original install.

Just wanted to point that out.

Dave

it was good to sit back and watch hoss and ben work so hard on my dads truck

Southbend help my son out when we install the a very low mileage 500hp unit in the jeep cumming conversion by giving us great deal on the upgrade clutch resovior and salve package, it works great now effortlessly.

it was good to sit back and watch hoss and ben work so hard on my dads truck

You could have helped :rolleyes:

Just sayin :right:

Nice dogs you got there Jake :rk:

Well I know first hand Hoss can install clutches.... Even 1000 miles from home and not his truck...

I can tell you that him and Byron sent me up on the lift with the truck to remove the stuff on the inside.. I don't understand why no one wanted to work on the inside... It was clean after all... :lol:

Before I new it they were backing the trans back from the engine.

You could have helped :rolleyes:

Just sayin :right:

Nice dogs you got there Jake :rk:

you guys looked like you had it under control. plus when i noticed my dad wasn't working on his truck. my dogs are really nice. thank you for letting us come out

you guys looked like you had it under control. plus when i noticed my dad wasn't working on his truck. my dogs are really nice. thank you for letting us come out

Happy to have you.