Klaybus

HeyJonathan & WSUCowboy

My nephew has an 01 Duramax with the 6.6 This summer he pulled his 26' trailer over Stevens Pass & when he reached Ephrata he heard a knock. The oil was up but not knowing what was going on he had it towed....Fast Fwd to present. He took it to Dynamic Diesel trying to troubleshoot. Attached is that invoice.

They think possibly a broken flexplate. They also said verbally that they thought #2, #4, & #8 weren't firing. Bad injectors? Was running fine but starting ticking\light knock? Any suggestions? The oil has NO diesel smell to it what so ever. Also, can you tell me how the cylinders are arranged so he could actually pull the #2, #4, & #8.

Thanks,

Clay

JT_Invoice.JPG

Edited by Klaybus

I really need to hear it if possible. Do you or your nephew have a way to get a video on here? Maybe post it on youtube or photobucket?? IT is a pretty big job to tear into these things, even someone that has done it before would probably take at least a full day to tear it down and get into it. the order is: #1,3,5,7 is pass side front going to rear and#2,4,6,8 is Dr side front to rear

Does it smoke at all??

Edited by WSUcowboy

That firing order or cyl numbers?

The ol chevy v8s off the top of my head are 18436572......

sorry, cylinder #'s

Cab of truck

7 8

5 6

3 4

1 2

Grill of truck

Edited by WSUcowboy

What's the milage???? I would check injectors first, those seem to be prone to go first on those motors. Any smoke like asked before. When was the last time he changed the fuel filter????

Yup, we'd have to have some kind of sound clip near the oilpan, and then one just behind the transmission

It could be an injector, but I have also roached a flexplate or two myself. :)

Not to highjack, but have I heard that Dynamic Diesel name in a not so good thread before?

Maybe I'm mistaken?

Edited by 00' Quad Cab