Sign in to follow this  
Cummin

2004 Chevy Duramax problem

This is for a friend of mine who owns a 2004 Chevy 3/4ton Duramax/Allison pickup. Yesterday he started up his truck and the power steering and power brakes both do not work. Is there anything that controls both of them that could have gone out at the same time?

If it has a hydroboost system like the dodge does, the powersteering pump runs power/hydraulic assist to both.

I would check the powersteering pump and the hydroboost unit.

If it has a hydroboost system like the dodge does, the powersteering pump runs power/hydraulic assist to both.

I would check the powersteering pump and the hydroboost unit.

Wow thanks for the quick response, he did say the power steering pump is spinning and has fluid so reading online it seems like most of the heavy duty pickups have the hydroboost so that could very well be it.

I thought there was a TSB for the hydroboost system. I looked over at the Diesel Place but I can't seem to find it ...yet.

Hydroboost sytem. Might have a cut hose but that would be very obvious. He might have to change the unit on the firewall. It's not going to be a cheap part to get. I could have a possible hook up on it but I'm not sure. He's a ACDelco sales guy or something like that. He is a customer of mine at work. Let me know and I will call him and see if he can get one.