Sign in to follow this  
Mad Bomber

82 old GM

I changed the L/P and fuel filter on my dads motorhome and can't start it now :( I'm not to much up on the old ones.

I changed the L/P and fuel filter on my dads motorhome and can't start it now :( I'm not to much up on the old ones.

Did you prefill the fuel filters? How many filters does it have? If it has two, mine did, crack the lines between the filter housing and the injection pump - that will ensure that the pump has fuel and the filters are full. You can remove the connector on the injection pump to make sure it doesnt start. Once you have fuel spraying out of the filter, then tighten everything up, put the electrical connector on the injection pump, make sure that batteries have a good charge, and start cranking. I always held my foot to the floor, reason being is that these injection pumps are pretty stoopid, and they might try and squirt more fuel even if when the motor isnt running. As soon as it starts to fire, let off though.. It'll smoke like crazy for a bit and run likes it's only got two out of eight firing, but it should smooth out once you get the air out of the lines.

Yea... Dont crank it too long, maybe 10 seconds at a time, and let it cool off. It could take a bit of cranking.

I prefilled the fuel filter. I took loose 2 injector lines will that work? I had my dad plant foot in floor board. Batterys were going weak at this time so we gave up.

Edited by Mad Bomber

what part of town are you in? get tham batt charged and you should be able to start it up that way with full filters. Call me Bobby

I prefilled the fuel filter. I took loose 2 injector lines will that work? I had my dad plant foot in floor board. Batterys were going weak at this time so we gave up.

I was talking about the fuel line that goes into the injection pump - goes into the center port. crack that one loose and make sure you have fuel to there.

Eric the 6.2s have a mechanical transfer pump like a 12-valve but without a primer unfortunately. It took me quite awhile to get Russ' old Blazer running after changing the primary (large) filter. By cracking the line where Russ mentioned it will enable the transfer pump to push the air out and get fuel to the injection pump a lot faster.

The large filter is on the vacuum side of the system.

The fuel circuit goes like this: from tank to large filter, to transfer pump, then to smaller secondary filter in the back of the intake manifold, and then to the injection pump.

Eric the 6.2s have a mechanical transfer pump like a 12-valve but without a primer unfortunately. It took me quite awhile to get Russ' old Blazer running after changing the primary (large) filter. By cracking the line where Russ mentioned it will enable the transfer pump to push the air out and get fuel to the injection pump a lot faster.

The fuel circuit goes like this: from tank to large filter, to transfer pump, then to smaller secondary filter in the back of the intake manifold, and then to the injection pump.

I finally found the 2nd filter. His batterys are just so so. Does anyone have one of those battery chargers that also have a start mode. His batteries die real fast.

I finally found the 2nd filter. His batterys are just so so. Does anyone have one of those battery chargers that also have a start mode. His batteries die real fast.

Yea - but it's quite a drive to get it - but your welcome to use it! I'll bring it to Auburn.

Yea - but it's quite a drive to get it - but your welcome to use it! I'll bring it to Auburn.

Can you the battery on the charger over night, or thye just plain weak!! :hit:

they are just plain weak

:(

Wally World sells batteries fairly inexpensively - if cost is an issue..